Cozumel what to expect now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s a simple commercial transaction. Who needs a nanny involved?
It may be that a referral is needed to get insurance to pay for it. Referrals also may be needed if the service or treatment is a scarce resource and in high demand, but this probably isn't the case here.

I'll call them Monday.
Called. Voice mail. Left message. Ball's in their court.
It may be that a referral is needed to get insurance to pay for it. Referrals also may be needed if the service or treatment is a scarce resource and in high demand, but this probably isn't the case here.
The recording said that they do require a doctor's order for any test, but I think they handle that when you sign up at their site, similar to docs connected to Mexican pharmacies.

The recording said that they do require a doctor's order for any test, but I think they handle that when you sign up at their site, similar to docs connected to Mexican pharmacies.
If you do indeed need a referral, that should be easily arranged with a phone call to your doc's office.

You can also go online, pay the 6 bucks for the referral and schedule an appointment.....

And medicine does not work on the principle of 'the ball is their court.' Even going to one of the BEST hospitals in the country, we have learned with health care: The ball is ALWAYS in your court!

And you haven't seen a PCP in HOW LONG???? You are lecturing on the vaccine circuit and you don't even take advantage of the Medicare yearly wellness visit???? Come on man! You carry a pony and don't get a regular check up??? Come on man!! They could find something early and fix it, rather than you waiting and taking hospital bed space that you didn't need to use up. (Sound familiar?) Good gravy my friend, get a check up. I want to go diving with you and listen to your dive lectures for a good long while yet!

Well good point on the insurance requirement. However without insurance it is guaranteed to be less than my margarita bill at Guidos and probably more useful....

What CV said. Filled out the questionnaire, made account, paid 6 bucks, got a doctor order. Will see if there is a copay when I go.

You can also go online, pay the 6 bucks for the referral and schedule an appointment.....
I have questions before I bother. I'm in the What good would it do camp.
And medicine does not work on the principle of 'the ball is their court.' Even going to one of the BEST hospitals in the country, we have learned with health care: The ball is ALWAYS in your court!
24 hours and they never returned my call. I noticed a few "Rude!" comments on their google maps reviews. They're a money making business that needs me more than I need them. I'll try them again after I vote, not that makes much difference in this state.
And you haven't seen a PCP in HOW LONG???? You are lecturing on the vaccine circuit and you don't even take advantage of the Medicare yearly wellness visit????
I said recently, which in old man's terms was in the last several presidents. That was a few of those ago actually. Yeah, I do the annual exams, had my eyes overhauled, my bowels examined again, got a measles jab since I never had that bug in the pre-vax years (that took some discussion at my age), get quarterly knee shots, and as I mentioned earlier in this discussion have an ortho appointment in Lubbock on the 8th.

What CV said. Filled out the questionnaire, made account, paid 6 bucks, got a doctor order. Will see if there is a copay when I go.

You know I paid the 6 bucks and haven't heard a word since. No copay when I went and I have not seen a bill or an EOB with the test on it. It says something about 'other gov programs' paying so I don't know. I even checked LabCorps' website. No invoice listed at all.

I have questions before I bother. I'm in the What good would it do camp.
Well, it would tell you at minumn if the vaccine 'took' so to speak before you jet off to a foreign country.

"Antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein receptor binding
domain (RBD) were detected. It is yet undetermined what level of
antibody to SARS-CoV-2 spike protein correlates to immunity against
developing symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 disease. Studies are underway to
measure the quantitative levels of specific SARS-CoV-2 antibodies
following vaccination. Such studies will provide valuable insights
into the correlation between protection from vaccination and
antibody levels."

24 hours and they never returned my call. I noticed a few "Rude!" comments on their google maps reviews. They're a money making business that needs me more than I need them. I'll try them again after I vote, not that makes much difference in this state.
I doubt they 'need' you. They are doing a great business in the prior infection crowd.,

I said recently, which in old man's terms was in the last several presidents. That was a few of those ago actually. Yeah, I do the annual exams, had my eyes overhauled, my bowels examined again, got a measles jab since I never had that bug in the pre-vax years (that took some discussion at my age), get quarterly knee shots, and as I mentioned earlier in this discussion have an ortho appointment in Lubbock on the 8th.

See you confuse me. I think you are saying you do see a PCP for annual wellness visits. That's good! Esp for a diver. Don't want something to sneak up and stop you diving if you can prevent it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom