Cozumel Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sitting in the airport waiting to go home from a quick trip to Cozumel. Dove with Blue XT Sea Diving and had a great time. I have never experienced current like we did this trip. We dove the Plancar Breaks on the last day and when we went down I could see sand blowing off the tops of the ridges and little sand tornado's. It was an air sucking time for all. I got caught in a down draft current and went below our floor of 80 feet to 94 while adding air to my BC and kicking with all my strength. Saw the biggest turtle I have ever seen. 2nd Dive was at San Francisco Wall and although the current was still strong it was manageble. My buddy did a video and it really looked like we were riding a scooter. Didn't see too many fish this trip but most of what we did were in crevices.
Stayed at the Casa Mexicana on a package deal and with it's location really felt we saved some money. Nice place, great breakfast.

Thanks for the report, Dan. Glad you had a good trip.

Willie

Glad you had a great trip. Sounds like a nice...experience. :D

I've only seen tornados once... one was about 10 foot tall, and have been lucky enough not to have gotten into any kind of a downwelling. It was a pretty stiff current when we rushed across a "chute" from one tall coral head to another as the "tornado" was coming down the chute though. This was at Columbia Pinacales in '98.

Post some pics. if you got 'em!

Ride 'em Cowboy! Glad you came out of the downdraft OK.

Now that you've had your saltwater fix, you can look forward to the CCV trip!

Dee:
Ride 'em Cowboy! Glad you came out of the downdraft OK.

Now that you've had your saltwater fix, you can look forward to the CCV trip!

Dee
Daryl and I were down there together and were talking about being able to actually hold still for a picture. Can't wait.

Dan

jen
good to hear from you. I am supposed to be leaving on a trip RIGHT NOW but I can't get my ear to clear. Take care of your ears if you want to fly. I am taking so many different medicines now to try to get it to clear on a consistent basis that I would probably be illegal to fly. Hopefully I can clear up enough to pick up at least part of my trip. Anyway. Good to dive with you. I will stay in touch.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom