Question Cozumel snorkeling for group of non divers - recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw that video, pretty cool. I've been going to Cozumel since 1997 and I've never seen a hammerhead there. Heck, it's somewhat rare to see a reef shark. Napping nurse sharks are what I've seen most often.

I wouldn't consider that a "problem" - it would be awesome!
Personally, I agree.

but not if you had newbie snorkelers in the water.

did you watch the video?
Saw it on FB earlier. Sad that most people with smartphones haven't learned to shoot such videos with their phones turned a quarter turn. I wouldn't chase a hammerhead, but I'd love to swim with one.
Hammerhead Sharks | National Geographic. Hammerheads are aggressive hunters, feeding on smaller fish, octopuses, squid, and crustaceans. They do not actively seek out human prey, but are very defensive and will attack when provoked.

Getting a rerun of the Hammerhead Show would be quite a treat 😂
It was still hanging around last week. We never saw it but several other divers we spoke with did. All the sightings were at Colombia Deep or Palancar Bricks.

I saw one in the distance years ago at punta sur

It was still hanging around last week. We never saw it but several other divers we spoke with did. All the sightings were at Colombia Deep or Palancar Bricks.
I jumped off our boat right beside it in 10 feet of water in the shallows of palancar gardens. Beautiful animal.

I jumped off our boat right beside it in 10 feet of water in the shallows of palancar gardens. Beautiful animal.
Was it Surprise A Shark Day?

Reactions: JFS
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom