Question Cozumel snorkeling for group of non divers - recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you have to snorkel in a place like palancar or Columbia when you can go to money bar, or Fiesta Americana or out right off the shore somewhere and see just as much without paying a dime? You'd see more in the shallower waters i think

Why do you have to snorkel in a place like palancar or Columbia when you can go to money bar, or Fiesta Americana or out right off the shore somewhere and see just as much without paying a dime? You'd see more in the shallower waters i think
While there is some good shore snorkeling from Money Bar, Tikila, Buccanos, etc., which can have some really neat things for those interested in smaller critters, I would say that for the average person the snorkeling where these tours go over shallower parts of Columbia and Palancar is more picturesque to most people and they are more likely to see larger critters like turtles and larger rays, etc. (plus all the starfish at El Cielo).

Plus for people who are not strong swimmers or used to snorkeling these tours have a guide in the water with a life preserver ring and the boat goes to them so they don't have to swim against the current, etc. I dive and I shore snorkel, but I still enjoy going on these tours with my non-diving family (some of whom are not strong swimmers and/or have physical limitations).

I've been snorkeling at the Money Bar and Colombia Shallows. They do not compare.

Thanks everyone!
We had an injured pinky toe and a bad belly in the group after all, so I got (rightfully) overruled and a nice beach + margaritas were prioritized. No jumping on boats.

Thanks a bunch for the recommendations anyways! @BoundForElsewhere the shop you recommended did not have remaining spots for the day I asked about, but they were very fast to respond and went as far as recommending other shops that might be able to take us in. Very helpful people, thanks for the reco.

Now, back to the “hammerhead sightings” tracking !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom