Cozumel Restaurant List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqui and Ahora

Tuna Poke Bowl

1675996430734.png

Skillet Breakfast

1675996491840.png

I never understood why so many people rave about Mr. Taco
Interesting.
We felt like they've slipped over the last couple of years.
Service has definitely deteriorated.
The last time we were there, it took much too long to get our El Pastor tacos. The meat wasn't as wonderful as it used to be, a bit dry, and they were out of pina.

I’m having a hard time using the map on my phone (and that’s what I’ll be using when traveling). Anyone have difficulty with it zooming?
I am trying it right now on an LG and also a Samsung and it works fine in those. You can zoom by using the "+" sign or spreading it with your fingers. The site is designed especially for smartphones. It works on laptops but it works best on cell phones. Send me a DM and I will help you work on it.

OK, Kimela, so you don't want to DM me. Let's walk everybody through this...

When I click on the name "Burritos Gorditos" on the interactive list of restaurants, I next get a screen (screenshot #1, attached) that shows a map with a red location marker showing the location of "Burritos Gorditos." Attached to that red marker I see a "bubble" and inside the bubble are the words "Burritos Gorditos, restaurant, burritos." I see all that without enlarging the map by hitting the "+" (plus sign) or by spreading the map with my fingers.

Do not "x out" of the bubble, if you want to enlarge the view.

If I want to enlarge the map, I touch the plus sign and I get a screen (screenshot #2, attached) that shows the streets enlarged, but with the same bubble and red marker.

If I hit the plus sign once more, I get an even closer view of the streets (screenshot #3, attached), but if the bubble is now too big, I just put my finger on a part of the map (not the bubble) and move the view of the map around until I have the bubble where I want it (screenshot #4, attached).

Use the plus sign to enlarge or the minus sign to diminish the map. Put just one finger on the map to move the map around on your screen.

Attachments

• screenshot 1.jpg
    screenshot 1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 38
  • screenshot 2.jpg
    screenshot 2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 31
  • screenshot 3.jpg
    screenshot 3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 30
  • screenshot 4.jpg
    screenshot 4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 31
OK, Kimela, so you don't want to DM me. Let's walk everybody through this...

When I click on the name "Burritos Gorditos" on the interactive list of restaurants, I next get a screen (screenshot #1, attached) that shows a map with a red location marker showing the location of "Burritos Gorditos." Attached to that red marker I see a "bubble" and inside the bubble are the words "Burritos Gorditos, restaurant, burritos." I see all that without enlarging the map by hitting the "+" (plus sign) or by spreading the map with my fingers.

Do not "x out" of the bubble, if you want to enlarge the view.

If I want to enlarge the map, I touch the plus sign and I get a screen (screenshot #2, attached) that shows the streets enlarged, but with the same bubble and red marker.

If I hit the plus sign once more, I get an even closer view of the streets (screenshot #3, attached), but if the bubble is now too big, I just put my finger on a part of the map (not the bubble) and move the view of the map around until I have the bubble where I want it (screenshot #4, attached).

Use the plus sign to enlarge or the minus sign to diminish the map. Put just one finger on the map to move the map around on your screen.
Unfortunately, after opening the window with the map on it I can't touch the screen without the name disappearing. Could be an operating system thing. Also, the first time I tried this yesterday the image devolved into a very pixilated mess and the locator icon moved off the address. If I'm functioning with 3G in Cozumel it might be even less consistent - but I could get it all sorted while I still have wifi, just not try to use it on the go?

Just trying to find a way to improve the utilization of the incredibly helpful list.

I imagine a taxi driver could find it with that map, but it would be nice if the name continued to show on the screen so I can remember where we're going!
Taxi drivers don't need maps. I can only remember a couple of times asking a taxista to take us to a restaurant that he didn't know, and those times he got on the radio and found out where it was in short order.

Taxi drivers don't need maps. I can only remember a couple of times asking a taxista to take us to a restaurant that he didn't know, and those times he got on the radio and found out where it was in short order.
I suspect you're right. When we went to the dentist our taxi drivers didn't know where it was - and trying to figure out 'calle' and 'avenida' with the correct number attached to it was a challenge for us. Restaurants though, are probably very well known.

I suspect you're right. When we went to the dentist our taxi drivers didn't know where it was - and trying to figure out 'calle' and 'avenida' with the correct number attached to it was a challenge for us. Restaurants though, are probably very well known.
Any place you want to go that has a website shouldn't be a problem. Call it up on your phone and show it to the driver.

Camillo's did not move. There are two Camillo's with slightly different names that are not related. One is on 5th Ave. The other is in the building that used to be El Timon on 11th Ave., which closed. For a list of ALL the restaurants in Cozumel and their locations on an interactive map, see:

Interactive list of restaurants and their locations - EverythingCozumel

and

Interactive List of Restaurants, Bars Beach Clubs - EverythingCozumel
Where is Ohana's on the list of All restaurants

The owner of Ohana's once told me that they didn't need advertising because they were so famous. We don't charge to be on the map, but if you don't want to be listed, we can leave you out if that's what you want. I will put Ohana's on the map and see if they complain...

Fish tacos at Colores y Sabores right by 3P's and the hospital are awesome- they beer batter the fish to order and the green cream sauce is very nice.

I also really like their desserts. I went there 3x when staying at Casa Mexicana because it was so good!

Back
Top Bottom