Cozumel Restaurant List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this will sound heretical, but I’ve never had any taco but fish tacos in Cozumel! Where do I NEED to go next time we’re there? 😊
@BoundForElsewhere 's suggestion of El Pique is a great one. I tried it because someone on SB long ago suggested it!

Great List! A few have closed including Pepe’s & Kinta. Some have moved such as Capicua and Camillos. Paradise Beach Club can be non all inclusive. If I had skills I would have sent you an updated list of what I know has changed. Always new restaurants opening, there is definitely something to please everyone on the island!
Where did Camillo's move to? We have known the owner since he was at Capi Navigante.

Where did Camillo's move to? We have known the owner since he was at Capi Navigante.
Camillo's did not move. There are two Camillo's with slightly different names that are not related. One is on 5th Ave. The other is in the building that used to be El Timon on 11th Ave., which closed. For a list of ALL the restaurants in Cozumel and their locations on an interactive map, see:

Interactive list of restaurants and their locations - EverythingCozumel

and

Interactive List of Restaurants, Bars Beach Clubs - EverythingCozumel

Camillo's did not move. There are two Camillo's with slightly different names that are not related. One is on 5th Ave. The other is in the building that used to be El Timon on 11th Ave., which closed. For a list of ALL the restaurants in Cozumel and their locations on an interactive map, see:

Interactive list of restaurants and their locations - EverythingCozumel

and

Interactive List of Restaurants, Bars Beach Clubs - EverythingCozumel
I’m having a hard time using the map on my phone (and that’s what I’ll be using when traveling). Anyone have difficulty with it zooming?

I’m having a hard time using the map on my phone (and that’s what I’ll be using when traveling). Anyone have difficulty with it zooming?
I am trying it right now on an LG and also a Samsung and it works fine in those. You can zoom by using the "+" sign or spreading it with your fingers. The site is designed especially for smartphones. It works on laptops but it works best on cell phones. Send me a DM and I will help you work on it.

For some really GREAT tacos, try El Negro's behind Las Tortugas on Av 3o. Open 7am till noon. Chili Relleno taco is fantastic. But Negro (ground meat in chimole), Morcilla (blood sausage), carnitas, and a half dozen more styles. Condiment bar. You will see no tourists, but you will see a lot of Cozumelenos chowing down.

I never understood why so many people rave about Mr. Taco and Diegos. I guess they haven't tried many taco places.

Attachments

• Negros tacos.jpg
    Negros tacos.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 62
I am trying it right now on an LG and also a Samsung and it works fine in those. You can zoom by using the "+" sign or spreading it with your fingers. The site is designed especially for smartphones. It works on laptops but it works best on cell phones. Send me a DM and I will help you work on it.
I tried it again just now, and the 'locator point' stayed in place but when I zoomed in it wasn't at the center, and the name of the restaurant disappeared. I randomly chose Burritos Gorditos (I think), looked at the map, touched the + to zoom in and now the map looks like the first pic. If I use my fingers to zoom in it looks like the second pic - and if I don't keep that locator button in the window it disappears! I imagine a taxi driver could find it with that map, but it would be nice if the name continued to show on the screen so I can remember where we're going! (This could be a function of age too!) :wink:

1734CFB7-F741-4B16-AA84-7650E5EAB6E7.png
A1406023-AF89-492F-9F94-6A00B1CFE9AF.png

I know this will sound heretical, but I’ve never had any taco but fish tacos in Cozumel! Where do I NEED to go next time we’re there? 😊
Mr. Taco is still thee place.
They moved across the street from their old spot.
They are now on the same side of the street as the Bomberos 1/2 block west (before given the direction of travel)

For some really GREAT tacos, try El Negro's behind Las Tortugas on Av 3o. Open 7am till noon. Chili Relleno taco is fantastic. But Negro (ground meat in chimole), Morcilla (blood sausage), carnitas, and a half dozen more styles. Condiment bar. You will see no tourists, but you will see a lot of Cozumelenos chowing down.

I never understood why so many people rave about Mr. Taco and Diegos. I guess they haven't tried many taco places.
I found it to be very tasty, but too fatty for my liking.
I like Diaz 100%

I tried it again just now, and the 'locator point' stayed in place but when I zoomed in it wasn't at the center, and the name of the restaurant disappeared. I randomly chose Burritos Gorditos (I think), looked at the map, touched the + to zoom in and now the map looks like the first pic. If I use my fingers to zoom in it looks like the second pic - and if I don't keep that locator button in the window it disappears! I imagine a taxi driver could find it with that map, but it would be nice if the name continued to show on the screen so I can remember where we're going! (This could be a function of age too!) :wink:

View attachment 768757View attachment 768758
el nero is next to dominos on 30th

Back
Top Bottom