Cozumel photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alcina,

Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but is the Oly 50/50 a digital camera?

divenut2001:
Alcina,

Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but is the Oly 50/50 a digital camera?

Yes it is a 5 megapixel(sp?) digital...very nice camera!

Randy43068:
Penny, you hafta stay out of the way. When I try to take some really cool pics of the fishies and whatnot you can’t hog the shot!

If I have to......but above water I want plenty of lens time!!

Yup, the Oly 5050 is a digital. 5mp. Nice camera but not really the best choice for everyone, I don't think.

If I wasn't shooting all the time and didn't want to spend (have the extra $$ to spend) on some extra lenses & external strobe I wouldn't have chosen this camera. Don't get me wrong, you don't NEED the extras with this camera as it works fabulously right out of the box...but I like toys!

It's good to see that you have a plan and are sticking to it, no matter what others say to try to persuade you. Each to their own. Establish a routine that really checks the housing and camera and follow it every time...it's when we forget a step that ugly things happen!

And you're right, the housing could be defective...I'd be surprised but it can and does happen. However, not to stress you out, most of the time a manufacturer's defect will not show itself on the first dive but rather several dives down the track (an invisible to inspection one, at least). It's all a crap-shoot no matter how careful you are, so be prepared! $300 IS a lot of money - you might want to check on insurance in any case.

I am looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing about your trip...have fun!!

BTW, Randy...that's just my bias showing through - if it isn't underwater it doesn't count! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom