Cozumel non-diving all inclusive packages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazbrooke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Do hotels in Cozumel offer non-diving packages? I have been bragging on the island and a non-diving friend wants to take her adult daughter there, but neither of them dive or will be getting certified before going on vacation. I plan to go again in August, but I recommended that she and her daughter go sooner (as August is advertised to be very hot, and I thought it might not be their perfect first experience of the island). At any rate, where would I start looking. I realize this is a diving forum and probably not the place to ask such a "non-related to diving" question, but I thought someone might know where to direct me.

Thanks!
bb

I stayed at the Occidental (AI) last time I was there. We snorkeled off the beach and did a snorkeling trip. It was well south of town, but my wife and I both enjoyed it. Food was acceptable.

I will be staying at Secrets Aura when I go this time. This time I will be diving, but the AI portion does not include diving. Also, Secrets is adult only and the food is supposed to be better.

I stay at the Coz Palace with my non-diving wife. There are many guests there that dive, and many that do not. It is not adults only, but the place is not over-run by kids (even in August, and when they run kids stay free promotions). The Palace is a bit pricier than the other AI's on the island, but we love the place, and will be staying for our 4th trip there in April. They do not have a beach, but are close to town so shopping and dining is within reasonable walking distance (or a very cheap cab ride - like $5). Similarly, the my daughter (now 19) always finds friends to go to Sr. Frog's with (or other similar clubs) and they are also close by. The Palace also assists with excursions to the beach clubs on the island, snorkeling excursions, etc.. They also have an onsite scuba operator with a good reputation, along with a scuba pool, so could probably provide a decent "Discover Scuba". I dive with another local operator, and the Palace allows pick-up's at their pier, so the place works well for me. My wife gets her ameneties (great spa, better food than the other ai's, great service all day long), and I get to dive!

Actually, the Palace is no longer the priciest AI on the island. That award goes to Secrets Aura, at least for ocean-view rooms (the Palace has low-cost city view rooms, but I wasn't counting those either). And actually, now that they allow all the resort credits to be used for diving, they technically are an all-inclusive dive resort.

What the Palace has over Secrets and Occidental Grand is proximity to town. It's a very nice walk, only 10-15 minutes. And Mega is just across the street. The others are a long and expensive cab ride to the south of the island. That's great for diving and also nice if you want a beach since the Palace does not, but it lessens the "Cozumel experience" since you're basically at a resort that could be anywhere.

Many do. I prefer to book my diving separate from the hotel anyway.
Just check Orbitz,travelocity or expedia for a air and hotel package.Hotel Cozumel might be a very good choice for your friend.
Or just shop for hotels there, then see if they offer AI options. Many do.

I know you can go to the travel sites and look, but I was hoping for insight from those that go to Cozumel often enough to know. And to know which ones are closer to town and such. Thanks for all of the helpful information!

I know you can go to the travel sites and look, but I was hoping for insight from those that go to Cozumel often enough to know. And to know which ones are closer to town and such. Thanks for all of the helpful information!
Honestly, the travel sites can give you a lot of good basic info on prices & amenities. Sad that properties have to pay such huger commissions, and then the sites will jerk them around at times - but a local & fair co-op site is just not going to happen. It's really the best advertising for them generally, with sales connected.

Hotel Cozumel is sort of in town, south side on Melgar, nice property, huge pool, good food to me anyway, nightly activities & shows, etc. I stayed there the last couple of trips because of all that, price/value to me. I've heard that sometimes they have outside groups come onto the property for day parties, etc. but not when I was there in late August.

Looking on the hotel's site, they advertise Room & Breakfast for $70 pp, pn or AI $72 pp, pn - after August 1. In July, single or double room $70, all inclusive $99 for one or $144 for two - including drinks. At breakfast, I'd have the waiter fill my quart thermos with coffee to take with me. At dinner, I'd hand him my pint thermos for half coffee & half cheap liqueur. :wink: I tipped ok I guess. They seemed to like me.

Now, after I said all that - I tried to book on Kayak, Bookit, and Orbitz and it's not available?! Is the hotel arguing with the sites? :idk: Wait, let me try different dates. Ok, another week in July, AI for 2 in a room is $128 or $148 on Orbitz and I don't see any difference in the rooms. One says tax included, but I think all of these prices include taxes. Never know for sure until you get further along.

BTW, sometimes it's almost as cheap to book private rooms. Compare those too. You didn't say how many in the party.

Last edited:

I have stayed at Hotel Cozumel several times when I used to stay there but always booked my diving separate...but I would usually book the hotel with the airfare and got a cheaper rate DD has given you several sites that are worthy of a look see...Hotel cozumel is within walking distance of town plus it has an onsite beach club and a large pool....good place for non divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom