Cozumel in July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a day! We did the Devil's Throat followed by a really long dive at Columbia Shallows. We had a special treat waiting for us as we exited theThroat. A good sized black tip just happened to be passing by! :D
Very cool on the shark man.

What a day! We did the Devil's Throat followed by a really long dive at Columbia Shallows. We had a special treat waiting for us as we exited theThroat. A good sized black tip just happened to be passing by! :D

Lucky for you! There are a few that hang out at Punta Sur. To literally run into them w/o hanging around looking forthem is fortuitous indeed.

Did you find any booty at Columbia Shallows? I always look for things snorkellers drop - snorkels, masks, wallets... ;^)

We just got back yesterday -- what an amazing trip!

Aside from nine days on Cozumel (flying along the wall at Maracaibo was my highlight), we spent four days on Holbox (whale sharks, golden rays, mobula rays, leaping mantas!, fly fishing etc.) and one at Tulum (cenote diving) and another at Chichen Itza. There was something for everyone in the family.

Thanks to everyone who offered tips and info that made it so memorable.

Cheers,

Jon

Trying to schedule return trip this Fall - saw several mentions of my favorite spot ... how is Caribe Blu - now Blue Angel holding up? Are all the renovations finished? We were there December/January, and they were working hard.
Between Swine Flu and the economy, I've been worried about them - any word on how they are faring?

I am diving with scubamau and staying at the Villablanca. How about you?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I didn't really spend much time with the computer after we started diving. We dove with Eagle Ray and they were AWESOME!!! My cousins have been diving with them for years and they have earned our business for many more years to come. My original plan was to dive Mon, Wed, Friday but I ended up diving everyday. What an experience, going from just getting my open water C-1 (July 10th, 2009)to diving 5 days straight in Cozumel, it was unlike anything I could imagine. I Hope you all had fun on your respective trips and I look forward with great anticipation to my next trip to Cozumel.

By the way we rented a 3 bedroom condo on the 7th floor of the Na Ha Condominiums just North of town. It was beautiful with a great pool and awesome snorkeling between dive days/ nights.

We just got back yesterday -- what an amazing trip!

Aside from nine days on Cozumel (flying along the wall at Maracaibo was my highlight), we spent four days on Holbox (whale sharks, golden rays, mobula rays, leaping mantas!, fly fishing etc.) and one at Tulum (cenote diving) and another at Chichen Itza. There was something for everyone in the family.

Thanks to everyone who offered tips and info that made it so memorable.

Cheers,

Jon

Did you guys go to Hidden World? We were there the 19th and had a great time! Truly amazing. I may have to pick your brain about Holbox, we want to do that next year I think.

IT GETS WAYYYYYY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We dived Maracaibo Sunday and had a TEN FOOT GREAT HAMMERHEAD swim right accross in front of us! It started to circle back towards us and then turned again and headed away.

Wow what a trip! Whale Sharks by Isla Contoy, tons of nurse sharks, a black tip, and then a big great hammerhead on our last day of diving! This was my 7th trip to Cozumel and the diving was by far the best ever! Now my only problem is I don't know how I'll ever top it? :shocked2:

Lucky for you! There are a few that hang out at Punta Sur. To literally run into them w/o hanging around looking forthem is fortuitous indeed.

Did you find any booty at Columbia Shallows? I always look for things snorkellers drop - snorkels, masks, wallets... ;^)

Nope. Didn't find anything that didn't belong there other than Cozumel spelled out in bricks once we drifted further north into Palancar Bricks.

My new Favorite second dive is Maracaibo Fingers or shallows. Whatever they call it, it's the healthiest coral I've seen in Cozumel post Wilma! We went there for our second dive after doing the Maracaibo wall with the Hammerhead. :D

P.S. It was great meeting you Kev! Same goes for DiverG, Novelyn, and Beach Diva, Gabi and all the others who shall remain nameless since they don't post on hear! :wink:

P.S. It was great meeting you Kev! Same goes for DiverG, Novelyn, and Beach Diva, Gabi and all the others who shall remain nameless since they don't post on hear! :wink:
Back at ya man, hope your son has fun. Be good to do dinner again on Coz one fine day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom