Cozumel in August!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband, sister and I will be there 8/7-8/14 staying at Iberostar and diving with Alison. After the mediocre diving we experienced in Jamaica in April we are looking forward to the awesome Cozumel dives!

8 of us will be staying at the Wyndham Sabor, from 8/29 thru 9/5.

Only 2 of us are divers. We haven't selected a dive-op yet, though I am leaning towards Scuba with Alison.

My husband and I will be there Aug. 19-26 dive with alison. New to Cozumel new to scubaboard.
I've enjoyed reading everyones posts. DandyDon wish I had read your post about Villia Blanca already booked Residencias Reef condos.

JLYLE July 31-August 21 Scuba Club Cozumel
BARADA plus 8 July 31- August 7 Scuba Club Cozumel
MATHEWJEN and wife August 3-August 10 Casa Del Mar/??
JUDYDIVESCOZ and hubby August 6-August 24 Staying with friends/ Albatros
KDBECKSTROM w/husband and sister August 7- August 14 Iberostar/Alison
KABAL22 and wife August 7-August 15 ???/Living Underwater
BUDAMAN August 7-August 14 Le Cieba/Babieca
COBRA269 August 13-23 Wyndham Sabor/ Dive with Martin
N8LYKIND with husband August 19-August 26 Residencias Reef/Alison FIRST TIMERS
DANDYDON and buddy August 21-August 28 Villablanca/ScubaMau
MERFMAN August 21-August 28 Scuba Club Cozumel
MMABASSADOR August 21-August 28 ???
SKINSFAN131 party of 8 August 29-Sept 5 Wyndam Sabor/??

My husband and I will be there Aug. 19-26 dive with alison. New to Cozumel new to scubaboard.
I've enjoyed reading everyones posts. DandyDon wish I had read your post about Villia Blanca already booked Residencias Reef condos.
I'm sure you'll have a great time there. I've been to Coz many times, various properties and plans, and my worst time was pretty good.

The approach I used at the VB actually works best with private rooms as we get the package discounts plus $200 off per room, but it can be used on a shared room, pricier properties, etc. Many of us drop the hint now and then here on this forum, indeed it was where I learned of it, but this actually the first time I've stayed on Coz for a full week and used it.

Well, I'm actually skipping one night of it but keeping the room for gear storage & drying. This means we have to backtrack all the way back to the Coz ferry, over, and back to pack rather than taking everything to the peninsula one-way, then dropping the car in Cancun to fly from there, but it seems simpler this time for one night off-island.

I posted a How-to in General Travel since it applies to all of the Caribbean, much of Central America and Hawaii, but it's dropped to page 3. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...s/331431-fun-orbitz-200-package-discount.html

It may not work on some trips as Orbitz doesn't always have the best deals on the same hotels or package rates as good as doing air and hotel separately. Keep notepad handy for calculations and open several comparison tabs. :D

Last edited:
I posted this in the July thread, but I guss to be fair it should go here as well.

My wife, son and I will be there July 27 – August 3 staying at Villa Blanca and hoping to dive with Scuba Mau ..still working on the dive schedule.

I have to give big thanks to DandyDon :thumb: for providing info that saved me big bucks..

DandyDon,
Your thread about having fun with the Orbit $200 discount was great. What I really liked was your idea about booking a separate package for another traveler. I didn’t want to spend the money for a 2 bedroom and the wife and I really didn’t want to share a room with our 18 yr. old son. With the second $200 discount it only cost $35 for a separate room for the week.

Going to be at OG for a couple of weeks 14-28 with the missus and my parents (scored a wicked deal for the Royal Club). Probably going to spend a day or two in Tulum on the beach....got Dad all worked up about the cenotes, would love to get to Angelita this year...but all of a sudden it's all over the dive mags....it's like when you hear a song you really like and then get annoyed because it gets popular and everyone is playing it.... oh well...
Might do a few dives with the house op for convenience (making sure there is a co2 checker in my kit DandyDon) but most of our dives will be with friends on the island.... 6th time for us.... Coz is always my post-vacation holiday.... where I get to do what I really want.....like eat at Los Otates 4 times a week....need to buy a condo methinks!

What are the magazines saying about Cenote Angelita? I read this Scuba diving Angelita Cenote Cavern Cave in The Riviera Maya Tulum Playa del carmen and, I'm not clear on the attraction? The Pit was a somewhat similar dive, but with more to see, and I've seen H2S2 layers in shallow Eden.

BTW, CO2 is not much of a risk. If you're ordering a gas tester, CO is. Similar compounds and names but vastly different. :wink:

SCTOM with wife and son July 27-August 3 Villablanca/ScubaMau maybe
JLYLE July 31-August 21 Scuba Club Cozumel
BARADA plus 8 July 31- August 7 Scuba Club Cozumel
MATHEWJEN and wife August 3-August 10 Casa Del Mar/??
JUDYDIVESCOZ and hubby August 6-August 24 Staying with friends/ Albatros
KDBECKSTROM w/husband and sister August 7- August 14 Iberostar/Alison
KABAL22 and wife August 7-August 15 ???/Living Underwater
BUDAMAN August 7-August 14 Le Cieba/Babieca
COBRA269 August 13-23 Wyndham Sabor/ Dive with Martin
UBER wife and parents August 14-August 28 Occidental Grand/ Dive Palancar
N8LYKIND with husband August 19-August 26 Residencias Reef/Alison FIRST TIMERS
DANDYDON and buddy August 21-August 28 Villablanca/ScubaMau
MERFMAN August 21-August 28 Scuba Club Cozumel
MMABASSADOR August 21-August 28 ???
SKINSFAN131 party of 8 August 29-Sept 5 Wyndam Sabor/??

Back
Top Bottom