Cozumel in April 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be the ones in the water constantly!!! LOL

Robin & Ron

Don't use it all up before I get there !! I usually get to CZM on the noon flight but this time I'm trying the "non-layover in Houston" flight so I will be up most of the night (in total Zombie mode) as I live 120 miles from the airport and have to catch the 6 am fight. The IAH to CZM flight doesn't get there until 2:30/2:45 so by the time I play the red/green light airport shuffle I won't get checked in until late. Then dinner and a Chedraui run for goodies and I will probably be done for the day.

The next morning will be forms filled out, gear ready, checkout shore dive or two..:D, camera all put together.. etc. and ready to boat dive on Tuesday morning.

I'm ready !!!

Not sure if Nitrox624 is already on vacation, but I haven't seen an update since 3/1. Since I needed to see my name on the list, here goes:

March 30 - April 7: Robint - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
April 1-15: Azscubadude + 0 - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
April 7-13: caseybird - Hotel Cozumel - Aldora
April 7-13: simskiscuba - Allegro - Prodive
April 7-14: Jax + 1 - Allegro - Prodive
April 7-14: 84turboz + 1 - El Cid - Dive with Martin
April 7-14: BettyinToronto + 1 - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
April 9-16: missyjane + 1 - Occidental Grand - Dive Palancar
April 10-17: Pidgiepoo + 1 - Hotel Cozumel - Dive with Martin
April 10-20: Sgt2221 - Villa Aldora - Aldora
April 11-18: tranetech - Cozumel Palace - Anita Divers
April 14-21: Thomthumb + gang - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
April 15-21: Get Wet - Hotel Cozumel - Scuba Tony
April 16-24: Ben_wilson3301 + 1 - ? - Dive with Martin/Dive Palancar
April 17-25: Nitrox624 + 1 - Allegro - Aldora
April 18-25: Budgirl + 1 - Blue Angel - Blue Angel
April 21-25: Mstevens + 2 - Casa Suzana - Blue Magic Scuba
April 21-28: DeepSeaDan - Occidental Grand - Aldora
April 21-28: WOODMAN + ? - Hotel Bahia - Living Underwater
April 22-30: Citycountryguy + 1 - Allegro - ProDive Mexico
April 23-30: Mossman + 1 - Occidental Grand - Living Underwater
April 25-30: Warmwaterturner +1 - ? - Blue Angel
April 28-May 5: Johnsona1503 - Aldora - Aldora
April 29-May 6: Cohoona - Hotel Cozumel - ?

Thinking of taking a trip April 5th - 12th and staying at Hotel Cozumel. I have a flight voucher I need to "use or loose" by April 24th. My 10 year old son has Spring vacation during this time and I found a great deal that's almost "too good for me to refuse".

I am OW certified with about 20 dives under my belt. My (soon to be Ex) Husband and I went diving in Coz last June and stayed at the IB with our son who was 9 at the time and we all loved it. The trip allowed our our son to snorkel for his first time in the ocean and also fall in love with diving in the pool. Ever since my son could not wait to turn 10 and "go back to Coz" so he could get his OW certification "in the ocean". He is almost 11 now, and of course I realize I will need a new dive buddy as a result of the divorce, and eventually that he will be a great one for me!

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on a Coz Dive Op that would be good for certifying pre-teens? Dive Paradise appears to be the Dive Op at Hotel Cozumel but seems to receive varying reviews?

My son already has a lot of experience snorkeling in the cold waters of MN and breathing at the surface from a regulator, not to mention being a very experienced swimmer, so my prediction is that he will take naturally to diving but you just never know do you?

Has anyone ever stayed at the Iberostar and dove with Dressel Divers?

Thx
Thom

Yes on both counts. Been there twice and next time I am down I will be considering two weeks.

The hotel is nice, food is great, the beach is like...Cozumel beach, and Dressel Divers is a great diving organization (three large diving boats). You know it says a lot when you recognize 75 to 80% of the DMs from one year to the other. My last time was in Dec 2011 and I did 21 dives in a week. I purchased the diving package on the Dressel Divers site and saved 20%. While you may be 20 or so on the boat, they only drop one group ( of six to eight divers per DM) per specific spot and generally aim at 60 mins long dive. They also dive different reef each day (they have a published schedule that they follow pretty religiously).

Would someone who's going the first week of April mind reporting the water temps? I just read the March thread and the temps seem to be varying as much as 4-5 degrees. I want to make sure to pack the right gear. Thanks ahead of time !

My husband and I are def going April 12-17 unless something comes up with the house. Were staying at Occidental and diving with palancar. Much needed vaca for us!

Back
Top Bottom