Cozumel in April 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those of us trying to get ungreen via connections to the US Air flt CZM to Charlotte flt today are now standing in line to see what our alternatives are because the plane doesn't seem to be taking off anytime soon. If at all today.

Those of us trying to get ungreen via connections to the US Air flt CZM to Charlotte flt today are now standing in line to see what our alternatives are because the plane doesn't seem to be taking off anytime soon. If at all today.

Cool another day in Coz!

United gave us vouchers, free hotel, AI and transfers because the flight from Coz to Houston was overbooked on the 13th. I was amazed by the number of folks who turned down the offer, some seemed insulted and offended when it was offered. One gent loudly declared "NO offers, NO deals" before the poor ticket agent could start explaining the offer. What? A free night in Coz? For free? And I get home on Saturday, not Friday? Sign me up!
At one point, they offered to keep us there until Tuesday. All I can say is: stupid work.
Till next trip!

Looks like it landed 1.5 hours late in Charlotte. Hope no one had very tight connections. I always try for a minimum of 3 hours.

usflag.gif

CZM
Scheduled
12:40 PM

Actual
2:20 PM

CLT
Scheduled
4:33 PM

Estimated
6:04 PM

D6

Delayed

---------- Post added April 21st, 2012 at 01:28 PM ----------

I'll look for note at desk tomorrow when I arrive. Other than that have no idea how to meet up. And mossman, I'll get the second round of drinks, on me.
I'll be online for sure, will post my room number when I check in and I'll ask for messages. My user name is my last name, so I should be easy enough to find.

United gave us vouchers, free hotel, AI and transfers because the flight from Coz to Houston was overbooked on the 13th. I was amazed by the number of folks who turned down the offer, some seemed insulted and offended when it was offered. One gent loudly declared "NO offers, NO deals" before the poor ticket agent could start explaining the offer. What? A free night in Coz? For free? And I get home on Saturday, not Friday? Sign me up!
At one point, they offered to keep us there until Tuesday. All I can say is: stupid work.
Till next trip!

I never turn that stuff down. Something else can always wait.

Unfortunately they did get us off.

Fortunately the connecting plane had a mechanical that was fixed (quite miraculously) mere minutes after the 17 of us sat down.

Now enroute.

Sniffle.

OK, green light for the rest of the list. I know, it's too early for the 4/28 and 4/29 stragglers, but I'm already halfway to Coz (overnighting in "beautiful" Houston tonight) and can't promise revisiting the list after I get too busy diving and drinking. So one last time:

March 30 - April 7: Robint - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
March 30 - April 9: bensontc + 3 - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
April 1-15: Azscubadude - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
April 1-7: desperoadie + 2 - Iberostar - Dressel Divers

April 5-12: proxpolaris + 1 - Hotel Cozumel - ?
April 7: Dredlok + 2 - (Carnival cruise) - Aldora Divers
April 7-13: caseybird - Hotel Cozumel - Aldora Divers
April 7-13: simskiscuba - Allegro - Prodive
April 7-14: Jax + 1 - Allegro - Prodive
April 7-14: 84turboz + 1 - El Cid - Dive with Martin
April 7-14: BettyinToronto + 1 - Scuba Club - Scuba Club
April 7-15: hlplacid + 2 - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise
April 8-15: becca31 - Blue Angel - Blue Angel
April 9-16: missyjane + 1 - Occidental Grand - Dive Palancar
April 10-17: Pidgiepoo + 1 - Hotel Cozumel - Dive with Martin

April 10-20: Sgt2221 - Villa Aldora - Aldora Divers
April 11: TotDoc - Carnival cruise - Living Underwater
April 11-18: tranetech - Cozumel Palace - Anita Divers
April 12-17: vannsbtch + 1 - Occidental Grand - Dive Palancar

April 13-21: PeterNBiddle + 2 - Hotel Presidente - Aldora Divers
April 14-21: Thomthumb + gang - Hotel Cozumel - Dive Paradise

April 14-28: Uber + Mrs Uber - Occidental Grand - Dive Palancar/Friends

April 15-21: Get Wet - Hotel Cozumel - Scuba Tony
April 15-22: Booda + 1 - La Ceiba - Babieca Dive Center
April 16-24: Ben_wilson3301 + 1 - ? - Dive with Martin/Dive Palancar

April 17-25: Nitrox624 + 1 - Allegro - Aldora Divers
April 18-25: Budgirl + 1 - Blue Angel - Blue Angel

April 21-25: mstevens + 4 - Casa Suzana - Blue Magic Scuba
April 21-28: DeepSeaDan - Occidental Grand - Aldora Divers
April 21-28: WOODMAN + ? - Hotel Bahia - Living Underwater
April 21-28: Lionfish51 + 1 - Sabor - Babieca Dive Center
April 21-29: Zanna0919 - Occidental Grand - Blue XT Sea
April 21-29: Fatterboy+1 - Hotel Cozumel- AOW with CozumelTours then DiveParadise
April 22-26: Dweaver +1 (non-diver wifey)- Occidental Grand - ?
April 22-30: Citycountryguy + 1 - Allegro - ProDive Mexico
April 23-30: Mossman - Occidental Grand - Living Underwater
April 23-30: Alan P - Suites Bahia - Scuba with Allison
April 25-May9: jbjclj-Jay and Cheryl - Park Royal - Living Underwater and BlueXTSea
April 25-30: Warmwaterturner + 1 - ? - Blue Angel
April 28-May 5: Johnsona1503 - Aldora - Aldora Divers
April 29-May 6: Cohoona - Hotel Cozumel - ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom