Cozumel diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful morning this morning. I’m going to do morning shore diving as I have been to Columbia and Santa Rosa 3x this week, so I’m going to do some shallow macro and then sit in the sun in the pool and get drunk listening to country music.
I love everything about this post except "listening to country music" LOL and a big wink :wink:
My dad was an Okie and raised me on it (Charlie Rich, Charlie Pride, Waylon Jennings, Johnny, Willy, you name it).
I love and miss my dad and because of him I listen occasionally to reminisce. But, at the end of the day, I am gonna sit in the sun and in the pool and get lightly inebriated listening to Aerosmith, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Kansas, Boston, U2 and pretty much anything 70's classic rock. Thanks for keeping us updated! Very much appreciated!

Long skinny green moray (photo below)? It went after my friend last week on Cedral Pass. She is not in the photo but is out of frame to the right. It chased her around in a circle and even went up a bit with her. There was no feeding and just decided to chase.

View attachment 593341

I am behind in the conversation, but this eel also attacked a female friend on Saturday. She had to kick it away with a fin. The eel tried to come after me but I just swam away. I thought I had video but GoPro was on that stupid time warp function.

Neither of us was feeding or spearing. Divemaster might have speared a baby lionfish , but I don’t even think that had happened yet on that dive.

I love everything about this post except "listening to country music" LOL and a big wink :wink:
My dad was an Okie and raised me on it (Charlie Rich, Charlie Pride, Waylon Jennings, Johnny, Willy, you name it).
I love and miss my dad and because of him I listen occasionally to reminisce. But, at the end of the day, I am gonna sit in the sun and in the pool and get lightly inebriated listening to Aerosmith, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Kansas, Boston, U2 and pretty much anything 70's classic rock. Thanks for keeping us updated! Very much appreciated!

ah.. there is a reason behind this though :wink: .. country music is never played in our house,I would never play it at home/work/car etc.. we are 100% rock/altrock house/ Floyd/credence/Zeppelin etc...when I was a kid and used to fly to see my parents, first stop from the airport was my dad’s Okie friend ‘naught’ who ran a bar from his house. He always played country and we all had some drinks ( English 16-drinking generally accepted) Now whenever I go on diving trips etc. I play a country. Because my brain 100% knows I am not at home and 100% knows I am on vacation. It’s the only place it’s played..it’s not a vacation until naught’s playlist has been played in the pool with drinks :)

On my last Coz trip, we were in a swim-through (forget where) and a very large eel came out of nowhere and wrapped itself around our DM's leg like a boa constrictor. The DM didn't even flinch. He just kept going and eventually the eel moved on. It was very strange to see this. Topside, I asked the DM if he was aware of the eel and he said that he was and that the eel was a common sight in the swim-through.
Did I mention that I HATE swim-throughs??

ah.. there is a reason behind this though :wink: .. country music is never played in our house,I would never play it at home/work/car etc.. we are 100% rock/altrock house/ Floyd/credence/Zeppelin etc...when I was a kid and used to fly to see my parents, first stop from the airport was my dad’s Okie friend ‘naught’ who ran a bar from his house. He always played country and we all had some drinks ( English 16-drinking generally accepted) Now whenever I go on diving trips etc. I play a country. Because my brain 100% knows I am not at home and 100% knows I am on vacation. It’s the only place it’s played..it’s not a vacation until naught’s playlist has been played in the pool with drinks :)
Love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom