Cozumel diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, not true at all.

What part? We couldn't do any boat dives, but saw shore diving. That was last week.

When we were there last month they were doing shore night dives at Barracuda. At Hotel Cozumel you had to be back by 7:45 I think.

@ChuckP or anyone who was in the water today, can you please tell me what the temp your dive computer registered? When I do a search I see anywhere from 84.9 to 89! We're coming down next Saturday and that's enough of a swing that it will make a difference in whether I bring neoprene or not. Thanks!!

@ChuckP or anyone who was in the water today, can you please tell me what the temp your dive computer registered? When I do a search I see anywhere from 84.9 to 89! We're coming down next Saturday and that's enough of a swing that it will make a difference in whether I bring neoprene or not. Thanks!!

I was at 85° on one computer and 84° on another computer all of last week.

89 must have been beside the boat after the dive when everyone is using their last chance to pee! Seriously though, a look at my temperature profiles all last week ranged 83-85 at depth. Many of them started out near 90 but that's because it's hot on the boat and it takes a bit for the DC to respond. The top surface temp is not really relevant so someone checking and remembering temp from very beginning or very end of dive may get a misleading reading. I am also seeing 86 on some of the safety stops. If you need neoprene for 85 then you better bring neoprene.

It's been a week since in the water but 84ish is what it is and it's warm out of the water too. I use a 3mil when diving everyday but that's a bit much for right now. My last two dives were 180 and 155 minutes, I wore just a hooded vest and swim trunks and wasn't cold at all.

It's warm, everyone is different but for me, I could easily dive every day in swim trunks and a rash guard right now.

Thanks @Snoweman, @ChuckP and @ReefHound - I wore rash guards last month in 84-85. I'll bring my 3mil beanie for just in case. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom