Cozumel diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nana is projected well south of Cozumel and provided it stays on track anyone want take bets on the Port captains call?
upload_2020-9-1_18-16-14.png
upload_2020-9-1_18-16-56.png

Windguru (which is historically very accurate)
upload_2020-9-1_18-17-36.png

If the Port Captain gets 10X the grief from keeping the port open when it should have been closed than he does for closing it when it could have stayed open.. well, do the math.

Just wondering how the viz is today, after Nana went south of the island.

I dove this morning. The viz was not great at Punta sur sur but much better at Palancar gardens. I don’t think it has anything to do with Nana but rather some heavy thunderstorms from yesterday. Saw 2 medium size eagle rays and 1 huge one at gardens which was a real treat for this time of the year.

If the Port Captain gets 10X the grief from keeping the port open when it should have been closed than he does for closing it when it could have stayed open.. well, do the math.

I'm guessing when that Carnival ship crashed into another in December 2019 in Coz and the port was open that didn't help matters any. But today, who cares about cruise ships docking in Coz?

El Cielo today!! Crocodile!!

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-7_17-27-34.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-7_17-27-34.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 126
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom