Cozumel-Diver lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This complete contradicts two different reports. One being from another diver on this thread who quoted: "I am told she was found 20 miles south of the point where she was lost." 20 miles South of Punta Sur would not be the N of the island.

I believe the current generally runs south to north from Punta Sur so she should have been found to the north.

I believe the current generally runs north to south from Punta Sur so she should have been found to the north.

If the current runs north to south, than it would have been south. The current along the shore generally runs north. The currents everywhere else is not all that predictable based on what locals have told me.

I was just pointing out that the information on this thread does not seem all the reliable, or consistent.

I posted that backwards and should have said it runs south to north. My mistake.

I am tearing my hair out after reading this whole thread!!..........NOBODY should be thanking the person who volunteered the HEARSAY information!...........it is 90% false and so are the rest of the "speculations" and "guesses" on this thread. For shame!........I suggest waiting for an OFFICIAL report and then, and only then, can you all take away those learning experiences that you all say you are waiting for. Sorry to vent but this is insanity. Show some respect please!

Betsy

I am tearing my hair out after reading this whole thread!!..........NOBODY should be thanking the person who volunteered the HEARSAY information!...........it is 90% false and so are the rest of the "speculations" and "guesses" on this thread. For shame!........I suggest waiting for an OFFICIAL report and then, and only then, can you all take away those learning experiences that you all say you are waiting for. Sorry to vent but this is insanity. Show some respect please!

Betsy

Sounds like you might be one of the folks with correct information, none of which you have decided to reveal. If you would really like to stop the false info, correct it. Or wait quietly while we wait noisely for the OFFICIAL report.

I suggest waiting for an OFFICIAL report and then, and only then, can you all take away those learning experiences that you all say you are waiting for.
Betsy

Can you point me to some official reposts from other mishaps? People mention waiting for the official reports to come out before discussing, so I was wondering if I could read some of them and then perhaps start a discussion about them based on the official report.

Besty, thank you in advance for taking the time to help me find where the official reports are located.

!...........it is 90% false and so are the rest of the "speculations" and "guesses" on this thread

Betsy maybe you can enlighten us on the 10% that is true.

Betsy

Official Report? What official Report? Where is the OR on the incident that happened 14 years ago? And if the information is 90% false, then you must know the truth.Why dont you tell us what happened and end this " shameful "speculation. Or maybe you'd prefer to insult us some more. We dont have to come to Cozumel to dive. Business in Aruba is down over 30% since the murder of Natalee Holloway. I've been coming to Cozumel twice a year EVERY year since 1993 but I can easily spend that money someplace else!

I know Betsy and have for many years and she is RIGHT. Most of the post I have read are so far from reality it is not funny. I don't know where to begin. I write and erase and wright again. NOBODY takes 18 divers to punta sur in 1 group! So forget that. 99% ot the shops run 1 guide for every 6 divers. No Capitan will let a diver go down after surfacing at Punta Sur. If you are seperated from the group the dive is over. And this post " It could have been as simple as a new regulator that failed. " I do believe free flowing regulator was a part of your certification.... ( sorry for the sarcasim... ) Where were you on that day??
Cozumel has the right to investigate what happened and will let people know the results when they have determined them. Quit trying to show "what you know". It really shows what you don't.

Cozumel has the right to investigate what happened and will let people know the results when they have determined them. Quit trying to show "what you know". It really shows what you don't.

Bob, please don't take this wrong. To whom are you referring to when you say "Cozumel"? Do you mean the local government? The dive industry? The locals? Who specifically is conducting this investigation, and where do they publish their results?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom