Cozumel - Dive With Martin & Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nunu01

Reaction score
Finally taking the time to write my appreciation to Dive With Martin (DWM) and also to mention a wonderful hotel stay at the Fiesta Americana.

I have read a lot of messages of DWM and I must say that I had a truly fantastic and positive experience with this dive operator. Not only did DWM honor every agreement/contract in 2001 when I used them, DWM also went out of their way to provide fun and safe dives. Fortunately I have the underwater video to prove it. AND, DWM went out of their way to bring the video to my dock via a boat so that I would have it before my morning flight out. WHAT INCREDIBLE SERVICE AND PROFESSIONALISM.

Each dive was very impressive. Plus, the night dive was superb! My dive log was very full after each dive. I must also mention that the dive masters were fantastic making each dive a unique and fun adventure. One day dive in particular that involved a 10 foot eel actually out in the open interacting with the dive master was just impressive.

The Fiesta Americana started each day off with an incredible breakfast. Fresh juice, fruit, eggs, bacon... you name it. Nothing better than selecting the fruit for a wonderful smoothy to start the day.

This truly will go down as my best vacation EVER. And, trust me, the competition is fierce. My only regret is that once I got back into the real world it took me forever to post what a wonderful time I had. Afterall, it was this message board that got me there.

I would love to hear other comments on DWM and Fiesta Americana. PLUS, if there are any great deals out there regarding Cozumel, please post them.

I have many friends that are directing my spouse and I to dive in Bonaire and a variety of places, but I truly hope that 2002 will find me back in Cozumel w/ DWM and Fiesta Americana.

*** One note - when I do get back to Fiesta Americana I will pack some bug spray in case I decide to take a walk back to the little bungalos... those mosquitos were plentiful.

:bounce:

YES...summer of 2001 my wife and I used them and we had no complaints other than the slow boats. The DM's were always funny and right there with you if you wanted them to be or willing to give you space also. They also offered unlimited shore diving out from their shop...which is Paradise Reef with a short swim. It is a great operation.

Your post sounds like a

Hopefully you'll return to participate here on the board and not be a one post spamming wonder. :rolleyes:

Amazing how Nunu01's only contribution to the board reads like an ad, eh?

Dive With Martin may have had it's ups & downs as an op, but it's sure been consistent with this kind of testimonial on various scuba boards over the years.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

hey there, I'm new to the board and my boyfriend and I are going on our first trip to Cozumel March 9 - 14. Ironically, we are staying at Fiesta Americana and are contemplating doing our dives thru Dive with Martin. Can you guys offer us any advice, or recommend other dive companies? We are just finishing off our Nitrox course, so that will be something we'll be interested in. Also, my guy is picking up alot of his own gear, unfortunately I haven't been so lucky. Thanks for any advice.:)

You've picked wisely. IMHO, only drawback to FA are its considerable distance south of town & smallish, man-made beach across the main road. No need to locate another dive op as the onsite, Dive House, should serve very well.

You might enjoy this recent board thread found by searching the Mexico forum under "Dive House,"--> http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20371&highlight=dive+house

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I dove with Martin a couple of days and did not have a great experience. But that just was just me. There are so many dive operations down there!!!!

I prefer Roberta's!

Caribbean Carla once bubbled...
I dove with Martin a couple of days and did not have a great experience. But that just was just me. There are so many dive operations down there!!!!

I prefer Roberta's!

What was the specific problem with them?

Back
Top Bottom