Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are 7848 confirmed cases per 1,000,000 people.

CDC said that they estimate the number of C19 to be 10x the confirmed number.

So without the multiplier the probably a person is infected is (7,848/1,000,000)= 0.007848 or 0.78 %

So if you had 100 people, yes it would be close to 1 person has it or has had it.

If you use CDC multiplier of 10 than close to 8 people in 100 have it or had it.

Source for infection rate per million
United States Coronavirus: 2,597,891 Cases and 128,163 Deaths - Worldometer

Has anyone flown into CZM in the last week from the US? I am considering heading down this week and wanted to know if I should expect any hassle for non-essential travel at my DFW connection to coz.

Has anyone flown into CZM in the last week from the US? I am considering heading down this week and wanted to know if I should expect any hassle for non-essential travel at my DFW connection to coz.
I dove with a couple all week who flew into Cozumel last Saturday from Denver through DFW. They said no problems at all.

There are 7848 confirmed cases per 1,000,000 people.

CDC said that they estimate the number of C19 to be 10x the confirmed number.

So without the multiplier the probably a person is infected is (7,848/1,000,000)= 0.007848 or 0.78 %

So if you had 100 people, yes it would be close to 1 person has it or has had it.

If you use CDC multiplier of 10 than close to 8 people in 100 have it or had it.

Source for infection rate per million
United States Coronavirus: 2,597,891 Cases and 128,163 Deaths - Worldometer
But of course that assumes that the data is homogeneous, which, also of course, it isn't. If you only consider those who have the disease but don't know it (no one who is showing symptoms should be flying) the number is significantly lower. It's lower but unquantifiable (most people who are asymptomatic don't get tested), and that is the real problem.

But of course that assumes that the data is homogeneous, which, also of course, it isn't. If you only consider those who have the disease but don't know it (no one who is showing symptoms should be flying) the number is significantly lower. It's lower but unquantifiable (most people who are asymptomatic don't get tested), and that is the real problem.
Yes asymptomatic people and mild cases are the problem.
It's just my allergies or so other symptom that the person does not want to miss there vacation.

But point being there may be "that person" that ignores the sighs or is asymptomatic sitting behind you.

When I was down last week there were several Americans who came through Dallas and had no issues.

Yes asymptomatic people and mild cases are the problem.
It's just my allergies or so other symptom that the person does not want to miss there vacation.

But point being there may be "that person" that ignores the sighs or is asymptomatic sitting behind you.
Agreed; I have no plans to fly anywhere anytime soon.

I flew down yesterday. IAH-DFW-CZM. No questions asked and no issues. There is a little bit of talk around here regarding things possibly being shut down again, though, so I would make sure anything you book is fully refundable.

From the 28-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           3,398  ->  3,437
     Social Isolation             819  ->    828
     Hospitalized                 185  ->    188
     Recovered                  1,838  ->  1,859
     Deaths                       556  ->    562
Q Roo Tests pending               426  ->    426

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               87  ->     87
     Recovered                     47  ->     47
     Deaths                        17  ->     17
     % Hospital rooms in use       26%  ->    30%
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1277285838448197632/photo/1
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

Cancun now also reporting an uptick in infection velocity and may need to go back to the "red" stage.

I flew down yesterday. IAH-DFW-CZM. No questions asked and no issues. There is a little bit of talk around here regarding things possibly being shut down again, though, so I would make sure anything you book is fully refundable.

tracking the 3rd highest death rate for the last 3 days as well...not looking great.. I am/was planning on coming back for August as well....

Back
Top Bottom