Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s an odd reply...lol...yes, I wear one and that protects you...you wear one and that protects me :)
But most don't care enough for those around them. :(

It seems the masks mostly protect others, not the person wearing so much, so it's an illustrated failure of the Golden Rule. I wear mine anytime in public.

We could control this bug in weeks if everyone did.
No we cannot control this in weeks, or months or years by wearing masks. We may be able to flatten the curve by wearing masks.

No we cannot control this in weeks, or months or years by wearing masks. We may be able to flatten the curve by wearing masks.
Is this an inaccurate representation? If we could get it down to 1.5% transmission, I think we could control it.

luduykaih0u41.jpg

Won't change my routine, either. I always wear a mask whenever I am outside my house or car. Period.

People who do anything different are the reason why we are in such terrible shape.

Won't change my routine, either. I always wear a mask whenever I am outside my house or car. Period.

People who do anything different are the reason why we are in such terrible shape.
Do you wear the mask outside if nobody is close to you?

Reality is somewhere in the middle. Masks alone will not eradicate the disease, but reducing the transmission rate (as masks demonstrably do) will reduce the total number of infections over time.

Is this an inaccurate representation? If we could get it down to 1.5% transmission, I think we could control it.

View attachment 594072
I can't say whether the numbers are accurate, but it is obviously better to have two masks than one between the infected and the uninfected.

From the 25-June noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           3,142  ->  3,230
     Social Isolation             687  ->    731
     Hospitalized                 182  ->    183
     Recovered                  1,739  ->  1,775
     Deaths                       534  ->    541
Q Roo Tests pending               376  ->    390

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               80  ->     81
     Recovered                     42  ->     47
     Deaths                        16  ->     16
     % Hospital rooms in use       21% ->     21%
Data from https://twitter.com/SESA_QROO/status/1276200502443814921/photo/1
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

QRoo Governor Carlos Joaquin will announce statewide COVID-19 semaphore status at 8pm this evening. Currently all of Quintana Roo is "orange", allowing limited reopening at generally 30% of capacity.

Following Wet's daily postings of numbers casually, not graphing or keeping notes, I was kinda accustomed to about 40 new cases a day. If anyone is graphing or keeping notes, hasn't there been a recent growth? The last two days saw over 200 new cases in the state, which really means like 2,000.

View attachment 594072

That is inaccurate in that there are no numbers established for effectiveness. But wearing a mask can significantly reduce transmission.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom