Cozumel Chamber and Doctor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Matt,

Sorry about the written word. My meaning was that most all have made positive complements about his service.

Dave,

I was joking. You wrote that the divers were complementary, which means free (no charge). The word meaning that they sang his praises is complimentary.

On the other hand, Ben Franklin said, "It's a small-minded man who can only think of one way to spell a word." :)

On the other hand, Ben Franklin said, "It's a small-minded man who can only think of one way to spell a word." :)
:laughing: Did you make that up?

"It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!" Andrew Jackson

Ol' Ben gets credit for a lot he didn't say. That bit attributed to him about beer being proof God loves us, and wants us to be happy has been debunked. I was disappointed, lol.

Dave may have me on ignore. I think many do. :silly:

Ol' Ben gets credit for a lot he didn't say. That bit attributed to him about beer being proof God loves us, and wants us to be happy has been debunked. I was disappointed, lol.
No, I think that one is real. :cool:

Benjamin was an author and printer, well he was rather polymathic, but I just couldn't see him publicly justifying creative spelling. Andrew was a general and a politician, so nothing he said surprises me. A lot of their words have changed in spelling since tho, and we have so many more words. Gawd, I looked so much dumber on SB before I found a spell check program that worked on it. Now, google corrects me - a lot.

Just returned from Cozumel and two trips to Dr. Piccolo's chamber. If I had to suffer DCS Type II, I am glad it happend in Cozumel where I could be treated by Pasquale Piccolo. His knowledge of diving diseases in incredible and I found his manner engaging. His wife Heidi, who is also his practice manager, is expert at documenting the treatment to make the insurance claim process as manageable as possible. The Pasquales are warm and caring. My wife and I also could not have received better treatment from the management and staff at the Occidental Grand Hotel in helping us deal with this emergency.

Dave Rapaport
Roswell, GA

Hi Dave and welcome to SB. Sorry you took a hit. Damn. Glad you got great care tho.

We have a forum for discussing accidents if you'd like to tell how yours happened? see Accidents and Incidents

Dear Ron,

It used to be, and my memory is vague on this, but at one time the dive shops did collect a daily stipend to cover hyperbaric treatment. That was when each dive shop was associated with one of the chambers and before DAN exisited. But I think that all went away in the early nineties as many of the dive shops were collecting monies and not passing on the money to the chambers-- and DAN became a better choice anyway.
FWIW, the voluntary fee that was collected for the chamber(s) was only to help support them and did not provide divers with any insurance coverage whatsoever. Some divers did not understand that; it was a misconception that (so I heard) gave a few folks a nasty surprise when they had to go to the chamber and found out that they were still on the hook for the bill even though they had paid the two bucks per dive.

Just returned from Cozumel and two trips to Dr. Piccolo's chamber. If I had to suffer DCS Type II, I am glad it happend in Cozumel where I could be treated by Pasquale Piccolo. His knowledge of diving diseases in incredible and I found his manner engaging. His wife Heidi, who is also his practice manager, is expert at documenting the treatment to make the insurance claim process as manageable as possible. The Pasquales are warm and caring. My wife and I also could not have received better treatment from the management and staff at the Occidental Grand Hotel in helping us deal with this emergency.

Dave Rapaport
Roswell, GA

Sorry to hear that happened! Def would like to hear more in A&I! Hope you are doing better!

Also did you have DAN?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom