Trip Report COZUMEL AUGUST 2021 - YEAR OF COVID DELTA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love your daughter's favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Advert for DSS? Do mean the link to SCC's website?
There was a small banner ad for deepseasupply.com.

Ah. The report is posted on diver.net. deaseasupply must be a sponsor.

diver.net hosts my trip reports.
Right. But DSS closed down around 4 years ago.

Enjoyed all the fish AND the gorgeous sunset at the end! Such a great read this morning! Thank you for sharing your talent of capturing God's creatures so many never see! I miss the waters and island. I appreciate you taking me there through your lens. Continued safe bubbles to you and stay safe!

Thanks for sharing- great pictures and write up as always.

I really liked the giant green and loggerhead turtles- they were massive! Must have been cool watching the loggerhead squish the conch (even though the conch are some of my favorites too)

Looking forward to my late September trip!

I thoroughly enjoyed browsing through your report yesterday and forgot to come back here and say thanks. So, thanks!

Did your DM hazard a guess as to why so few seahorses have been spotted lately? Are they seasonal like the eagle rays or is something else causing their numbers to get scarce? I've almost always seen 1 or 2 every trip, so hearing that they hadn't seen any in months is a little worrisome.

I thoroughly enjoyed browsing through your report yesterday and forgot to come back here and say thanks. So, thanks!

Did your DM hazard a guess as to why so few seahorses have been spotted lately? Are they seasonal like the eagle rays or is something else causing their numbers to get scarce? I've almost always seen 1 or 2 every trip, so hearing that they hadn't seen any in months is a little worrisome.

Not to worry. Like some other denizens of the coral reefs in Cozumel, seahorses come and go. For many years we couldn't find any and then they showed up and numbers have varied from year to year. One year, there were seven in front of Scuba Club Cozumel!

I'm new to this site but have to say that your pictures are among the best photos I've seen so far, amazing photography with exceptional quality and clarity! This is why I love diving Cozumel !!!

I began diving Cozumel in '94 and the majority of my diving is in Cozumel because of the vast array of sea life and phenomenal water clarity as your photos have captured very well.

I was going to post some of my Cozumel photos but they were taken on film with an old camera 25 years ago, nowhere near the quality of yours as well as most others I've seen on this site so I'll just put them away LOL.

Thanks for your epic report, gives me the envie for a Cozumel trip soon !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom