Trip Report COZUMEL AUGUST 2021 - YEAR OF COVID DELTA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful subjects and photography, big and small stuff. I like harlequin bass; they may be small, but I'm always happy to see them.

Richard.

Great post. My favorites were the first spotted cleaner shrimp and the reef squid. My 7-year-old daughter's favorite was the balloonfish.

But what really threw me was the advertisement for DSS at the top of the page :).

Excellent as always, Jim. Your photos inspire me! We are hoping to go back to SCC after the first of the year. Flights from Detroit have been a big issue with not only price and availability but involved an overnight layover. SCC wasn't booking anything in September when we checked in early July. Hopefully after the holidays, things will 'shake loose' with flights. We've been unsalted for 2 years!

Great post. My favorites were the first spotted cleaner shrimp and the reef squid. My 7-year-old daughter's favorite was the balloonfish.

But what really threw me was the advertisement for DSS at the top of the page :).

I love your daughter's favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Advert for DSS? Do mean the link to SCC's website?

Excellent as always, Jim. Your photos inspire me! We are hoping to go back to SCC after the first of the year. Flights from Detroit have been a big issue with not only price and availability but involved an overnight layover. SCC wasn't booking anything in September when we checked in early July. Hopefully after the holidays, things will 'shake loose' with flights. We've been unsalted for 2 years!

Tim is doing maintenance during the month of September. Two years? Way too long.

Tim is doing maintenance during the month of September. Two years? Way too long.
Couldn't agree more, 2 years is way to long.

Cayman is our other go to location but they are locked down as tight as tupperware as of now. Coz this winter is far more likely and better diving.

edit to add: We've NEVER gone this long without a dive trip! Pandemic threw off our plans.

Great photos as always Jim.

Particularly liked (in reverse order of posting since I am scrolling up on your report page)--The sanddiver, the family of squat anemone shrimp, , the horizontally oriented squid photo, the almost head-on sculputured slipper lobster, the pair of adult spotted drum perfectly aligned, the Leech Aglaja menage a trois and the dwarf sea hare

Also liked the seahorse photos, the caulerpa slug,the sphaeromatid isopod and sipunculus worm, the sea hare, the fingerprint flamingo tongue for the difficulty in finding those critters. Seems like I am missing a few from that list. Sharp-nosed puffer with parasite, the juvenile yellowtail damsel. and all the fringed fileflish since they are pretty shy. You must have been pretty patient to to get those shots !

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Great photos as always Jim.

Particularly liked (in reverse order of posting since I am scrolling up on your report page)--The sanddiver, the family of squat anemone shrimp, , the horizontally oriented squid photo, the almost head-on sculputured slipper lobster, the pair of adult spotted drum perfectly aligned, the Leech Aglaja menage a trois and the dwarf sea hare

Also liked the seahorse photos, the caulerpa slug,the sphaeromatid isopod and sipunculus worm, the sea hare, the fingerprint flamingo tongue for the difficulty in finding those critters. Seems like I am missing a few from that list. Sharp-nosed puffer with parasite, the juvenile yellowtail damsel. and all the fringed fileflish since they are pretty shy. You must have been pretty patient to to get those shots !

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

You're welcome. Thanks for the list of your favorites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom