Trip Report COZUMEL - AUGUST 2022 - YEAR OF THE (SEA)HORSE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see you stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel, a well known operation that I don't see a lot of trip reports on here. IIRC, this is who you used before. For the benefit of other divers considering their options in Cozumel, care to comment as to what you like about SCC well enough to choose them over other options?

Great photos. Wow. Especially loved one with the hermit crab, but you had a lot of sweet shots.

You're right, we have been returning to Scuba Club Cozumel every year for more than thirty years. SCC was called the Galápago Inn when we first visited the island. When my wife, youngest son, and I were newly certified divers, I asked several "been there, done that" divers about where they would go to dive if they could only do one more trip; many said Cozumel. The Galápago Inn's advertisement in Skin Diver magazine was the deciding point as to where we would stay; at that time there were only a few hotels/resorts to choose from. Remember, this was before e-mail, social media, etc. Our first visit was wonderful, the price was right, the staff made us feel at home, food was good, dive operation was on-site, unlimited shore diving, and we loved the clear, warm water with all the colorful fish. So, in addition to diving around the world, we somehow always worked in a trip or two every year to SCC. It became our home away from home. Many, many guests at SCC are returning customers - that tells you something.

You're right, we have been returning to Scuba Club Cozumel every year for more than thirty years. SCC was called the Galápago Inn when we first visited the island. When my wife, youngest son, and I were newly certified divers, I asked several "been there, done that" divers about where they would go to dive if they could only do one more trip; many said Cozumel. The Galápago Inn's advertisement in Skin Diver magazine was the deciding point as to where we would stay; at that time there were only a few hotels/resorts to choose from. Remember, this was before e-mail, social media, etc. Our first visit was wonderful, the price was right, the staff made us feel at home, food was good, dive operation was on-site, unlimited shore diving, and we loved the clear, warm water with all the colorful fish. So, in addition to diving around the world, we somehow always worked in a trip or two every year to SCC. It became our home away from home. Many, many guests at SCC are returning customers - that tells you something.
I have the same story about Blue Angel. We started staying there when it was La Perla.

Wasn't La Perla called Lorena before it became Blue Angel?
La Perla (Javier and Emma Segura, who still live across the street)
Lorena (Lorraine and Arlene, aka the California Party Girls)
La Reina (for a short time when the CPGs had a falling out and Lorraine departed)
Caribe Blu (local woman and her dad, I forget their names, but he also owned Villas Las Anclas)
Blue Angel (Eva Rasmussen)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom