Coz Topside Sights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohhh, LOTS of good suggestions! My honeymoon in 2005 was in Tulum, so I've done the ruin tours, the croc habitat sounds cool.
hmm too bad bout C&C, will skip that! Definately will plan to go to the town square and some local markets.

Buddy is thinking we should do the cenote dives, I've snorkled them... any one dove them? They are CAVERN not CAVE dives right?

You guys got me all jazzed up now, I wanna leave NOW :)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I do appreciate it

Wilma hovered over the island for around 63 hours(I believe that is correct). We visited Coz a few months later and we were told that some damage had been done to the ruins. I assumed they meant the grounds,trees etc.around the ruins making it impossible to walk around the area...which is why they had to close them. One does not always hear correct information from people at hotels, so that is why I posted the question here and specifically asked a local person to comment on it.

Uh, that was a joke, as in, how do you ruin something that's already ruined? I guess it wasn't very funny. :shakehead:

I was there just a few month before and after Wilma so unfortunately I'm all too aware of what she did. I'm especially heart broken over the damage to the shallow water corals that were so great on shore dives.

For your non-diving day before you fly home, go over to mainland on ferry and take one of the tours of Tulum and Coba ruins (you need to book these ahead of time). Very very very cool and worthwhile. Much more elaborate than San Gervasio and the main pyramid structure at Coba is the highest point in Yucatan peninsula! You can see over the treetops for miles and miles. It is very hot and buggy there so take some DEET. :D
robin:D

Instead of doing a tour, they could do it on their own. Last March we took the early ferry to Playa, rented a car for the day for $55 and drove to Tulum and Coba. We even found enough time to stop at Grand Cenote for a little cavern snorkling. :)

Back
Top Bottom