Coz Kittten needs formula!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found something last night called "CatMilk". It's by Whiskas and it says it's a special milk for cats and kittens...although the ingredients don't appear to be anything that regular milk doesn't have.

Montanagal, I have been giving her lactose free milk based on my vet's recommendation. It was that or let her starve. She hasn't had any problems and the vet is checking her daily. In fact, her poop is completely normal according to the vet.

We don't exactly have the widespread availability of pet supplies here, especially for special needs. Keep in mind that the local culture is to discard "extra" animals. If it wasn't for the humane society and the few good vets we have, the stray dog and cat problem would be much worse.

She does have very sharp little claws and teeth too. She actually bit my lip the other day while she was playing...ouch! She gets VERY possessive over her bottle. When she wants it, she wants it NOW and don't try to take it away until she is ready for youto take it away...haha!

She's so adorable I almost can't stand it :)

I'm not coming to Coz anytime soon, but I would be glad to ship anything you need!
Just send me your info and I can probably get it off to you tomorrow.

Christi:
I found something last night called "CatMilk". It's by Whiskas and it says it's a special milk for cats and kittens...although the ingredients don't appear to be anything that regular milk doesn't have.
Christi, We give our cats CatMilk (a.k.a. "Cat Crack") all the time, I was under the impression that is was a "treat" and not for basic nutrition. We've done kitten chow in warm water in the past with our kittens and it has worked for us. We'd love to see her when we get there...
Joe

BTW I was on your website, SO what is the big surprise?? Tell me, Tell me....

CHRISTI, I am glad you are taking her to the vet. So many people will give kittens cows milk without knowing that is not good to do. The homemade kitten formula has things I figured you could get down there in Cozumel.

By the looks of her picture, she looks like she is possessive of her bottle!

THE KITTEN

The trouble with a kitten is THAT
Eventually it becomes a CAT.

- Ogden Nash

Christi!
Hi! How are you?
Misha is adorable indeed. She's lucky to have you for a mother now. See you in November! ( Let me know if you need anything then)

Formula is on its way! Thank you! She did decide today that she LIKED the kitten food. The vet said we still need to feed her the formula/millk and ween her off and slowly intorduce the kitten food.

Just to give you an idea of how small she is, the pink container is a 1.5 cup container...she can fit inside of it! It is amazing what a spunky little personality she has developed in just a few days! I thought she was blind at first, but now she is bright eyed, alert, playful, and has great reflexes. I love her so much...my crew thinks I'm obsessed with her :) but even they think she's cute!

ed727530.jpg

And here are just a few cute shots of her from today:

Hiding from Emma
ed7274c0.jpg

ed72744a.jpg

Emma wants to play with her so bad!
ed72752d.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom