Coz Kittten needs formula!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi, she is soooooo cute! The best I could do is send some with a friend who will be there Sept 10, but that will be too late. I hope you find a formula mule. (If THAT pic doesn't pull someone's heartstrings, I don't know what will.) With the no liquid in carry-on it might be a bit harder for someone to find room for it.

If you need anything mid-Sept, PM me with at least a weeks notice and I'll get my friend to drop off a care package for you. I won't be down again until the beginning of December. :(

I will be coming down on the 28th on the cruise ship Glory. I'm not sure if that is soon enough but if it is let me know and I will see what i can do

Geesh! Look at those feet! That thing has claws like a moutain lion!

what a cute little tiger!

Christi - Yesterday, my fiancee (Dive 'N' Dolphin) was wondering if you could feed it baby formula? Can you get baby forumal on the island?

Christi,
What a cutie! Those ears, those, uh.. claws. I think baby was ready to get more milk out of that bottle/surrogate mommy!

Christi, DO NOT feed you new kitten baby formula or cow's milk. This can cause your new baby to have diarrhea, digestive and other health problems. Years and years ago I use to work as a vet assistant and we had a homemade formula that could be used. I cannot remember it, but did find this receipe on
http://www.cathelp-online.com/health/kitten1.php

HOMEMADE RECIPE FOR KITTEN FORMULA
3 oz. condensed milk
3 oz. water
4 oz. plain yogurt (NOT low-fat)
3 large or 4 small egg yolks

ANOTHER KITTEN DIET
1/2 cup whole milk
1 egg yolk
1 drop mulitple infant vitamins (Please ask your vet)
Mix well or blend together in a blender for smoothest consistency.

I also found this on www.catchannel.com
Babies are Ready for Solid Kitten Food!
Three-week-old kittens are ready to start eating softened kitten food.
By J. Veronika Kiklevich, DVM

Q. I have a question concerning a litter of 3-week-old kittens, and why the queen isn't feeding as much as she should. It seems that she is easily distracted or just plain bored. The kittens are hungry and cry when their mom walks away. Is it too early for kittens to drink a supplement or cat milk? Maybe I can teach them or show them how to eat and drink? Please respond soon as possible, I'd like to get started helping the kittens as soon as I can.

A. By the time kittens are 3 to 4 weeks old they can be started on kitten food. You can get kitten chow and soak it in water until it softens up or you can try canned kitten food. Put some out in flat pans so they can access the food easily. At first they will probably walk through the food and wear most of it, but eventually some will end up in their mouths and they'll figure out that it is pretty good stuff! Within a couple of days they should be eating more than they are wearing. They may continue to try and nurse on mom as well, but the sooner you can help wean them on kitten food the happier everyone will be!

I have found the cat channel website to be a good source of info and they have a section listed "Cat Experts" where you can e-mail questions to their on staff vets.

Your baby looks like our Wille, who came to us as a stray kitten and is now a 17lb spoiled brat.

Christi, she's just adorable. I wish I could come for a visit and bring you some formula, but unfortunately that's not going to happen anytime soon. I hope someone can come through for you.

Back
Top Bottom