Coz- ist week in April. Ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Setting up a trip with a crew from Boston- DM's Instructors etc.
any ideas on all inclusive + diving and or air fair.

Thanks,

Vin

Just read a bunch of threads- clearly the dive operator is key- plan to be down fro 8 days or so and will be with 6 divers- logistic will be key and simplicity as well. Hence the attraction to a dive- all inclusive.

But - that said - if somebody can direct me to the A1 dive operator and a cheap place to rest our heads that has a god mess hall that serves beer near by.. think we could be sold.

Thanks!

There are so many dive ops here you can search for days. Papa Hogs, Dive with Martin, Blue Bubble, just to name a few...Cozumel.net is a goodboard to get info as well....

I agree you main priority should be your dive op and yes there are many good ones on the island. Can you be more specific about what you are looking for in a dive op.

Same with AI hotels there are several and it depends on where you want to stay close to town or far south of town and closer to the reefs and there is always north of town but you will have to travel by cab to catch most of the dive boats.

So tell us what you are looking for :D

Dove Coz several times and as others have said 1st priority is a good dive op. We have found Blue XT Sea to be great. Rarely do the All Inclusive deal because there are so many great restaurants in Coz.

Vin:
Setting up a trip with a crew from Boston- DM's Instructors etc.
any ideas on all inclusive + diving and or air fair.

Thanks,

Vin

Here is my two cents worth.

The Occidental Grand is a very nice all inclusive resort. You will be very satisfied staying there, but a round trip cab ride to town will cost you about $30.

Blue XT Sea is a very good dive operator. They will pick up up right off the beach in front of the Grand. You will be very satisfied using them.

I don't know what to say about airfare other than it's a crap shoot!

Vin:
Just read a bunch of threads- clearly the dive operator is key- plan to be down fro 8 days or so and will be with 6 divers- logistic will be key and simplicity as well. Hence the attraction to a dive- all inclusive.

But - that said - if somebody can direct me to the A1 dive operator and a cheap place to rest our heads that has a god mess hall that serves beer near by.. think we could be sold.

Thanks!

There is generally a tradeoff between distance from town and excellence (price/quality ratio) of AI's on Cozumel. The closer to town, the more the competition from the local restaurants.

For my nickel, I would much rather stay close in and take a short cab ride to a local eatery every evening; in doing that, I have more control and variety than I would at an AI. YMMV, of course.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom