Coyne Steel 93 OK??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Hoffer

Reaction score
For the past four years I have diving three Coyne Steel 93 cf tanks manufactured in 1993. I have never heard of these tanks, and am interested in finding out if there is any scuttlebutt about them.

Why are there not more of these tanks on the market? Is there anything wrong with these tanks?

How have they been galvanized? My tanks are painted yellow, and were originally used for Nitrox. I painted over the Nitrox decals.

Neutrally buoyant empty. Forty pounds empty on land. They work like a charm for me. I'm more curious to see what I find out than worried.

WreckWriter

Sure they got DOT stamps. I got them from a dive shop that had about 20 - 30 of them. They were nitrox tanks, but not that many peopel dived nitrox, so when hydro time came, the shop sold all the tanks. It looked like my tanks had maybe two dives on them when I purchased them.

I did a google search and found an article by an dive historian who mentioned in passing that Coyne Cylinder Company jumped into the scuba tank market in 1993, the year my tanks were first hydroed. I saw but only one website where somebody was selling Coyne Steel LP 80s. Looks like the LP93s have been dropped. That's the site were I got the specs on buoyancy, dry weight, etc.

Back
Top Bottom