Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think he meant "load factor," which is a technical term related to aircraft aerodynamics. I suspect he was trying to say the plane was 30% full.
Then why the price jumped up to almost doubled last week, which made me tossed out the trip to Bonaire next week.

Sorry if these questions have been asked, but I have a hard time going through close to 900 posts.

If I arrive on Saturday, when do I take the five day test? Is it Wednesday or Thursday? Lastly, Would this test suffice for the test to get back in US for a Friday or Saturday flight? Thanks.

Sorry if these questions have been asked, but I have a hard time going through close to 900 posts.

If I arrive on Saturday, when do I take the five day test? Is it Wednesday or Thursday? Lastly, Would this test suffice for the test to get back in US for a Friday or Saturday flight? Thanks.
Day 5 is Thursday, arrival day is 0. If you have the negative result, you could return to the US on Friday, 1 day.

Day 5 is Thursday, arrival day is 0. If you have the negative result, you could return to the US on Friday, 1 day.
Perfect response. Succint and with brevity. Thank you.

But you don't get the negative result from the Day 5 test; you only get a phone call if it is positive. You need a written test result to be able to fly home. This is a problem, as yet unresolved. You may need to also take an antigen test on the day before you fly back.

But you don't get the negative result from the Day 5 test; you only get a phone call if it is positive. You need a written test result to be able to fly home. This is a problem, as yet unresolved. You may need to also take an antigen test on the day before you fly back.
I can only assume they are not notifying negatives due to limited resources.

I can only assume they are not notifying negatives due to limited resources.
That is my assumption too. They are quite overwhelmed....

Numbers today: 115/184 positive; 783 active (up 63); five hospitalized. It's reported that of the 115 new positive people, 26 are "visitors of Bonaire." It's my understanding that the "184 tested" number does not include any of the visitors who tested negative, as those results are not reported to the health department; this presumably mitigates the 62% positivity rate over the last couple of days. Of course, if 25 visitors are testing positive every day, that ain't nothing.

Then where do you get your return test? Can't you have that place report your results to the Bonaire people?

Then where do you get your return test? Can't you have that place report your results to the Bonaire people?
Your return test is on the day before you fly; that would be Day 6 of a one-week (7-day) trip.
You get it at one of the four testing sites on Bonaire, or possibly at your resort if they arrange it for you.

Your mandatory Bonaire test is on Day 5, one day too early for a one-week trip.
Your return test only needs to be an antigen test. Your Day 5 test cannot be an antigen test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom