Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's really interesting is that you don't acknowledge your response about the five day test and the return test were interchangable.
I'm sorry, I've read this several times and do not understand what you mean.

You might be able to get the testing lab to give you a travel document/result from your Day 5 test. You could email BonBida,com, fo example, and tell them you want to use the Day 5 test to travel home the next day, can you get a written negative report?

On the other hand, why would you want to leave Bonaire a day early just to save taking an antigen test?
If the day 5 test was inside the 1 day to 72 hour departure window, depending on where you are destined, do not book it as a day 5 test, instead book it as a regular travel "PCR" test. They are all done the same labs, with the same tests and at the same price but you actually get a result and the documentation. Since a positive test would be reported to the Health authorities in the same way, they would have no reason to quibble about booking your 5 day instead as a travel test.

Notes: window

Yes I know "PCR" in local parlance can be NAAT, ID Now.

Yes, the US accepts antigen tests but they also accept the PCR that you have to get anyway on day 5 so you can save the cost of that if it fits your window.

If the day 5 test was inside the 1 day to 72 hour departure window, depending on where you are destined, do not book it as a day 5 test, instead book it as a regular travel "PCR" test. They are all done the same labs, with the same tests and at the same price but you actually get a result and the documentation. Since a positive test would be reported to the Health authorities in the same way, they would have no reason to quibble about booking your 5 day instead as a travel test.

Notes: window

Yes I know "PCR" in local parlance can be NAAT, ID Now.

Yes, the US accepts antigen tests but they also accept the PCR that you have to get anyway on day 5 so you can save the cost of that if it fits your window.
All very nice but there is no 72h window to enter the US. One day (not 24h) is the window. If you fly home in Day 7 (the usual one-week trip) the test for the US must be on Day 6. The Day 5 test for Bonaire does not overlap the US window.

All very nice but there is no 72h window to enter the US. One day (not 24h) is the window. If you fly home in Day 7 (the usual one-week trip) the test for the US must be on Day 6. The Day 5 test for Bonaire does not overlap the US window.
That's why I said "depending on where you are destined". Not everyone on Scubaboard is from the USA. Many countries do have 48 or 72 hour windows. So while it would only fit for a 6 day trip from USA (which is still a workable possibility as indicated up thread) it works perfectly for a one week trip from almost everywhere else or up to an 8 day trip from Canada and other places with a 72 hour window.

That's why I said "depending on where you are destined". Not everyone on Scubaboard is from the USA. Many countries do have 48 or 72 hour windows. So while it would only fit for a 6 day trip from USA (which is still a workable possibility as indicated up thread) it works perfectly for a one week trip from almost everywhere else or up to an 8 day trip from Canada and other places with a 72 hour window.
I'll be interested to see if you can negotiate getting a travel certificate from the Day 5 test.

I'll be interested to see if you can negotiate getting a travel certificate from the Day 5 test

That is exactly why I said in my first post to not book a "day 5" test. Instead book a regular travel PCR test....on day 5. Then you do not have to negotiate anything, that test automatically comes with results and documentation. It is done at the same labs that do day 5 tests and costs not one cent more than the day 5 test.

That is exactly why I said in my first post to not book a "day 5" test. Instead book a regular travel PCR test....on day 5. Then you do not have to negotiate anything, that test automatically comes with results and documentation. It is done at the same labs that do day 5 tests and costs not one cent more than the day 5 test.
I assume you have not partaken of the Bonaire Health Form that asks for the Day 5 test to be scheduled and paid for in advance of arrival.

“There are 863 active cases of Covid-19 in Bonaire as of 09 January 2022. Of the 225 received test results, 130 were positive . 25 of the new cases are visitors of Bonaire . There are 5 people from Bonaire in hospital due to Covid-19. 50 persons have recovered from Covid-19.”

783 yesterday, 863 today. Omicron bein’ Omicron. (103 on 12/29, fwiw)

I assume you have not partaken of the Bonaire Health Form that asks for the Day 5 test to be scheduled and paid for in advance of arrival.
Yes I have. It is not mandatory to pre-book, you will not be refused entry, just given a form directing you to make a booking. But in either case, nothing would stop you from contacting the lab and booking a normal travel PCR instead, whether pre or post-entry.

I don't get what is up today with these petty objections and gainsaying, you are usually very astute. I never suggested this works in all cases for trips of all durations to all destinations. As I am reiterating for the fourth time, all I said was this could work if it fit your window. The reality is that for a 6 day trip from the US or a one week trip from the Netherlands, Canada or Aruba et al. you can save time, inconvenience, wear and tear on the nasal passage and some cash if you booked the regular travel PCR test instead of a 5 Day and killed two birds with one stone. Nothing prevents this. It might even give peace of mind to those anxious about not receiving a negative, even if it does not fit their travel window exactly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom