Cover Shot of Underwater Journal Issue #9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug...not sure I'd have the guts to take that first 1.....was your heart racing at all?

No, as I mention in the article the oceanic whitetips were "bold" but not "aggressive". They were not scared of us and moved in close to investigate but I never felt in danger. However, maybe I'm just stupid! :)

Thanks, MissD and CheddarChick.

BTW, Tracy (MissD), here's a shot I got at Ginnie Springs the day after our Spanish Rocks dive last week. The viz at Ginnie was much better than Spanish Rocks !!!! :)

img_0311a.jpg
Oh my goodness! I don't know Ginnie Springs, is it a natural spring of beer or whiskey or something? Looks like an awesome place to be diving:wink:

But seriously now, this is one kickass picture! Really, I'm blown away.

Thanks, MissD and CheddarChick.

BTW, Tracy (MissD), here's a shot I got at Ginnie Springs the day after our Spanish Rocks dive last week. The viz at Ginnie was much better than Spanish Rocks !!!! :)

img_0311a.jpg

Looks like we are the pupil in the Eye of God...... Wow

The whole article is great, Doug!

I had the experience of being in blue water with a bunch of black tipped reef sharks in Rangiroa. I found it a bit unsettling, even though I have absolutely no fear of those sharks. It's just having them around you in three dimensions is a little spooky. I can't imagine being with much larger sharks that were BUMPING you -- you're braver than I am! (Tell me truthfully, didn't the thought cross your mind that a few bubbles might come in handy there? :D)

We were all on open circuit as the bait crates were only 15 feet deep. The blowing of bubbles didn't seem to make much of a difference to these guys, but the "big ass camera" was reassuring! My poor daughter only had a 2 foot long piece of 1/2 inch PVC pipe for her "protection" so she stayed pretty close to me and the other big cameras!

Back
Top Bottom