Review Olympus OM-1 Underwater Camera Review By: Jim Decker | Backscatter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is interesting, thank you for linking...

=> The improved AF may well be worth an update (in DPreview the C-AF, surprisingly, was rated to be only little improved over previous models: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/om-system-om-1-review; I wonder now what is the reality for UW macro :oops:)...

IQ is similar as with al 20 Mpix Oly cameras, no reason to upgrade from this side...

Regarding the 1/500s flash sync. I can say that I also get 1/500s with my EM1II and the Nauticam flash trigger. At 1/640s the shutter starts to appear (as Jim Decker observes for the OM-1), but 1/500s is clean. To be on the safe side I normally go at its minimum to 1/400...
Seems to be a property of Oly cameras and not a new feature of OM-1...

Wolfgang
Hi Wolfang

i just acquire the OM1 mii with the full AOI sets ( will move back to isotta as i have all port from previous Om system)
I m wondering if you can share all bnest settings configuration to all users of OM system as the menu changed a lot and maybe someome can share the best settings used for the optimal access on macro 60/90 and Wide angle lens.

Would be the best day for all Om system divers :)

Hi liveboardlover,

I do not have OM-1 or OM-1 II and do not know these menues. I had Olympus EM1II and EM5II in the past and my post above show that EM1II together with the Nauticam flash trigger can syncronize reliably up to 1/400s, even 1/500s works. I guess with other flash triggers as e.g. Turtle it will be similar, but can only guess...

Wolfgang

Hi, I own both a Nauticam and a TRT-Turtle triggers and with the Turtle trigger the synchronization limit is 1/250s. There is no chance to get past that speed because unlike what happens with Nauticam the OM-1 senses the Turtle as it was an external flash and limits the shutter speed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom