Couple questions on a pony bottle for bail out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simply stay together. Much the same way you stick together while doing any other sort of underwater activity.
I'd looove to see a spearfishing GUE team... sticking together.. Just one guy spearfishes, while others just has to stick together? Or maybe everybody has spearguns? In which hand you have to hold your spear? What does GUE say about that? :)

It does bring up an interesting mental image. :D

Its really not difficult to hunt and still be a team.

Its somewhat laughable that you can't even wrap your head around it and shows how little you really understand about DIR diving.

Take a look over on Spearboard, find all the threads about dead speros and tell me how many of them were solo divers.

Hmmm. Better start a list

No solo diving
No self reliance
No pony bottles
No spearing
No hunting

Guess photography is out too.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2014 at 02:29 PM ----------

Its really not difficult to hunt and still be a team.

Its somewhat laughable that you can't even wrap your head around it and shows how little you really understand about DIR diving.

And that is why I don't try and tell GUE/DIR how to dive. I would simply like a the courtesy reciprocated. Remember, this is a pony thread. This is not a GUE/DIR thread. It was your choice to post here.

No solo diving
No pony bottles
No spearing
No hunting

And that is why I don't try and tell GUE/DIR how to dive. I would simply like a the courtesy reciprocated. Remember, this is a pony thread. This is not a GUE/DIR thread. It was your choice to post here.

https://www.globalunderwaterexplorers.org/content/documentation-diver

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

No solo diving
No self reliance
No pony bottles
No spearing
No hunting

I didn't tell anyone how to dive.

The assertion was that you can't spear/hunt and be DIR, which is just plain baloney. The other comment that prompted my initial post in this thread was the some "DIR" guy was a douche to someone because they had a vintage reg.

Its a classic case of folks trying to tell DIR/GUE divers how GUE/DIR divers dive, but getting it wrong.

... The assertion was that you can't spear/hunt and be DIR, which is just plain baloney....

It wasn't the assertion. It was irony. When a simple discussion about a pony bottle turned into advise of taking GUE courses, diving doubles. The pony was so wrong, because it was an extra equipment, because the diver would start extending bottom time, etc. etc. with links to GUE classes, courses, info.. And then... "What about spearfishing?" "Ow, spearfishing is fine, just do any way you want"..

Eh, I could do without the posting of 150ft tech dive videos too. I find it irrelevant to a discussion about pony bottles and I think the only point of posting something like that in a thread like this is for "look at me! im so cool!!" value.

I didn't tell anyone how to dive.
You're right. Your post was just caught up in with the other nonsense.

a classic case of folks trying to tell DIR/GUE divers how GUE/DIR divers dive, but getting it wrong.
On this I have to call BS. I know of no post, least of all on my part, that suggested GUE dive in any manner. Peruse the thread. Just the opposite, from post 120 on. We are now on post 240+

Back
Top Bottom