Could you have done this at 30 dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
That is impressive.....but I wonder how many pool dives they have logged to get there. It says not more than 30 OW dives. No matter, it is impressive and nice to see.

Wonderful!! Lots of pool time or not, both the skill and the instruction that produced it are to be well-admired.

I will say no, I can't. That said, I don't find it too difficult to come close to that in a pool right now so hopefully I'll get there soon.

What I really like about the video is the pool..........I want that pool!

There are a few classes I will have students break out slates a write their mailing address or the like while hovering. Fun exercise.

...//... No way could I have done that at 30 dives. Somebody's done a good job with these students!

Yes, indeed. But constant fin motion is the great equalizer...

Question: Now at several hundred dives, I still can't hover truly motionless except for breathing, in trim, same depth as video, for 5 min. Not meant as a hijack, but is this an unreasonable goal? -or am I really that bad...

Yes, definitely. It does come easier to me than some people, though.

I grew up in the water, and I loved to swim down to the deep end holding my breath. I even tried to use a garden hose to breathe when I was about 8 or 9, and I could not figure out why it didn't work! I tried plastic Coke bottles, but they were too buoyant and I couldn't swim them down. I wanted to stay under the water longer so badly! I knew I would figure out a way eventually, and I did...with scuba :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom