Could/should I dive with cold/allergy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks. so how do I know whether I can pressurize your ears on land?

Plug your nose and gently blow. If you hear a subtle click, then your ears cleared. If you just feel pressure and no subtle click, its not clearing.

thanks for clearing that up! I could clear the ears with no problem. I also got the SinuCleanse suggested (never knew that existed), I think it worked to clear some mucus in my sinus. I still have 3 days before the trip, hope it all clears before then.

Saved my Fiji trip with saline nose spray (used twice a day blast all the gook out of my sinuses). I make it a part of every trip now. Lost half of a trip to Palau with symptoms like you described. As my wife (and at least one poster) said; you can force it and dive this trip, but maybe never again, or we can come back another time and you can have a long and happy dive career. At the first sign of trouble I ended my diving for that trip.

If you can clear your sinuses, I don't see why not you can't dive.

If you're diving deep and very congested, it'll put a ton of pressure on your sinuses. One kid in my OW class sneezed while being very sick and started bleeding through his ear...

LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom