Cost of tech classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bell47

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey guys what does an advanced nitrox and decompressions procedures class typically cost? (TDI)

I've seen the pair for $500 (a couple of yrs ago)

Depends on location and amount of time you're going to need as a student. How much are the instructors in your area charging?

I paid $500-ish, plus gas and boat fees. Chump change compared to what you are going to spend on gear :) Buckle up!

being at a similar point a few months back, I would say that the cost of the class + or - a few hundred is irrelevant and not worth finding a bargain. use a reputable instructor you can relate to and understand and respect enought to do as they say and pay them what they are asking. there are plenty of ways to die in tech gear. do you really want to be the one that dies due to saving $100.00 besided that is only about 1-2% of the total cost. and if the instructor is charging more than someone in another city or state are you really going to travel there for 100? My instructor is currently charging about 700 (includes hotel room and all dives). Now you may be asking because you are a TDI instructor and wondering the going rate in that case NVM.

Bundled with Extended Range, $750 to $1,100. Each by itself, $400 from my LDS.

I did a triple combo of Adv Nitrox, Deco Proc and Extended Range for about $1200, but highly unusually, that included rental gear so I didn't have to buy all the kit, which made it by far the cheapest option.

I paid $800 for adv. nitrox/ deco. That included paying instructor expenses for a trip to Canada. I could have done it cheaper in a quarry but not by much.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom