Cost of Servicing Scubapro Regulators

What's the most you have ever paid for an annual regulator service?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chances are if you like spending money enough to buy a titanium regulator then you'll enjoy paying high service prices as well!
Just FYI....I bought them from a buddy that can no longer dive...got a great deal...otherwise id never be able to afford a set of Titaniums.......

What you were charged is actually very reasonable imo. Assuming the units were properly serviced by a trained and attentive tech. To properly inspect, disassemble, clean, inspect again, reassemble with proper torque specs, and tune takes time! And thats just the beginning, a good service should always include a few purge cycles or a few minutes on a quick set followed by a leak test and a final check to insure the unit has held its tune. You are paying for a very important service. It blows my mind that people have no problem paying a car dealer $100 per hour for a brake job yet can't seem to understand a few hundred dollars every couple years to maintain breathing equipment.

What you were charged is actually very reasonable imo. Assuming the units were properly serviced by a trained and attentive tech. To properly inspect, disassemble, clean, inspect again, reassemble with proper torque specs, and tune takes time! And thats just the beginning, a good service should always include a few purge cycles or a few minutes on a quick set followed by a leak test and a final check to insure the unit has held its tune. You are paying for a very important service. It blows my mind that people have no problem paying a car dealer $100 per hour for a brake job yet can't seem to understand a few hundred dollars every couple years to maintain breathing equipment.

Unfortunately that caliber of service is all too rare.

I recently had a Mk10+ first stage serviced and it was $120.

I recently had a Mk10+ first stage serviced and it was $120.

That's sad. Shoulda sent it to me. I'd charge that to RESTORE one that needed hand work on the piston, lots of cleaning and ultrasonic work. But annual service with no new parts except svc kit? That's what I'd like to be able to charge for precision work on a classic, but the market won't bear it.

A great reg - my first. I was too young to start with the Mk 5/109, though I've collected a few now.
BTW, Scubapro still has a few upgrade kits left with the Mark10+ piston that uses the Mk25 HP seat. When my original finally dies, I'll switch to the new piston.

Two sets of SP Mk 17/S555/R395 service=$97.50/per set with parts for life at my LDS where i bought the reg set.

Realize this was for ScubaPro Regs, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. Whats the current going rate to service a Regulator in 2018? When I bought my Aqua Lung Legend I used to get a discount and a full service was like $89 and for an off year my function test was about $40. Well my diveshop got bought so no longer get a "discount from purchasing it there". I dropped it off the other day for service and it was $115. Sort of stinks cause I literally go diving 1 time a year, but I'd hate to loose my warranty on it.

Realize this was for ScubaPro Regs, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. Whats the current going rate to service a Regulator in 2018? When I bought my Aqua Lung Legend I used to get a discount and a full service was like $89 and for an off year my function test was about $40. Well my diveshop got bought so no longer get a "discount from purchasing it there". I dropped it off the other day for service and it was $115. Sort of stinks cause I literally go diving 1 time a year, but I'd hate to loose my warranty on it.

In my area, $30 labor per reg plus parts kit. Kits run $16-45 retail, so it could be $165 for a full 1st, primary and octo.
If you have a pristine reg, that might be seen as excessive. But 90% of regs aren't clean. Between some time getting rid of verdigris corrosion, then 10 min in the ultrasonic, then drying and finally doing the service, $30 doesn't pay a shop's labor and supplies cost. So basically the only profit to a shop is the markup on the kit.

Can anyone recommend a shop to send Scubapro and subgear regs to for service? (Mk25/s600)
Last serviced 2 yrs ago. Only a few dives since then. Getting ready to dive again. No SP shops near me (moved) and couple paces I called can't get parts anymore.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom