Coral Burns --> Right Away!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PUGMASTER:
Ya, Thanks. I read about that here on the forums. It was during the day and you couldn't even see the little buggars. Do you guys regularly perform this purge action and every ascent?
Never needed to, but if I see jellie - yeah.

I often wear a light weight benie, sometimes don't. Did a giant stride into something that left my forehead burning. Used venigar, then calamine - 2 of the liquids I keep in my boarding bag, but still had a scab for a month.

If the Neosporin ointment suggested by Catherine - who knows these things - doesn't work, get to a skin doc.

I bought the ointment metioned but curiosity has me wondering what's gonna hatch:popcorn:

I don't mean to be insensitive to your injury, but maybe the solution, instead of layering on protection, gloves, etc... is to work on staying away from the coral to begin with...

If you can't take the picture without brushing up against the reef, perhaps the camera should stay in the boat... Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom