Cootwo problem, can't reach divenav

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did get a response from Divenav this afternoon, simply asking for a screenshot, from my email inquiry to the customer.service@divenav.com address. So progress, to an extent. After seeing DiveNav's reply to my post concerning that issue, however, I've decided that I can't in good conscience recommend this company or its products anymore... they're clearly not up to the task of supporting their products.

And DiveNav has just made it very clear that they have no intention of supporting the Android platform, despite having happily marketed the cootwo for it and accepted money from Android users.

Good luck with your issue @Dan Brown, not that I hold a great deal of hope that you'll get any sort of resolution.

And DiveNav has just made it very clear that they have no intention of supporting the Android platform, despite having happily marketed the cootwo for it and accepted money from Android users.

Good luck with your issue @Dan Brown, not that I hold a great deal of hope that you'll get any sort of resolution.
Thanks, I have not received any support yet I am going to try and send mine back and get a dedicated CO analyzer.

Thanks, I have not received any support yet I am going to try and send mine back and get a dedicated CO analyzer.

If you don't mind, let me know what you end up getting and how well you end up liking it. Don't have the $$$ set aside to do that right at the moment, but I expect that I'll be doing the same in the near future. Minus the return, unfortunately, since mine is one of the first units released and I've had it for over a year at this point.

Hopefully we can get some competition for dual O2/CO analyzers eventually. I'd love to see one released from a company that's actually trustworthy and ethical.

I emailed them at the address they provided last Friday and still no response (nor any from the prior use of "contact us" form on their site). I'm starting to get concerned that I made the wrong choice in buying a Cootwo if they are not going to support existing customer inquiries on their product in a timely manner...

I like the product, but not impressed with their responsiveness at present. A friend of mine is holding off on buying one based on what he is reading here.
For fairness, I wanted to report back on this thread. After not hearing back from Divenav on a few emails sent from my personal "comcast.net" e-mail address, I decided to try one last time from my work e-mail address. Upon sending, I almost got a reply from their system that my-e-mail required verification:

i-CfVqQM5.jpg

I responded with the provided code and immediately got this reply:
i-62zSQj8.jpg

That e-mail exchange was late in the day, but I heard back from Divenav Customer Service on my questions the very next morning. They have been great to deal with and prompt in responding since then (I have since sent my unit back for annual CO calibration and it will be back to me this week).

It appears that they have a very aggressive SPAM filter that may be preventing them from getting your e-mails. However as it is a great dive safety product that is really convenient/easy to use, I would suggest trying alternate means of communication before you give up on them. You can always also reach out to them by phone at (949) 690-0915.

Doesn't sound like a reasonable way to handle email support to me... At least there is a phone number, that's good for folks who live in 949 or don't mind paying toll charges.

Doesn't sound like a reasonable way to handle email support to me... At least there is a phone number, that's good for folks who live in 949 or don't mind paying toll charges.

LMAO - in this day and age, for $12.00/month, I can call anywhere is the US, Canada, Mexico, and a few other places without paying any additional charges....

Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm on a long distance call.

Who pays "toll" charges any more? Heck, my adult kids have NO idea what you are talking about. And I worked in telecoms for 25 years. My daughter had me come speak at her school to teach her computer science class about black boxes and the games I played in the 70s with Ma Bell to avoid paying those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom