Cootwo problem, can't reach divenav

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Brown

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On the second day of a cave trip to Florida my CooTwo analyzer stopped working with 'chng snsr' appearing in the O2 field. It seems the solution is obvious, but I am curious as to why it happened. It has been around a year since I purchased it, does it automatically lock out at predetermined date? Does anyone have a way of getting touch with divenav? Multiple attempts to contact them through their website for the last couple weeks have gone unanswered.

On the second day of a cave trip to Florida my CooTwo analyzer stopped working with 'chng snsr' appearing in the O2 field. It seems the solution is obvious, but I am curious as to why it happened. It has been around a year since I purchased it, does it automatically lock out at predetermined date? Does anyone have a way of getting touch with divenav? Multiple attempts to contact them through their website for the last couple weeks have gone unanswered.

Yes, the sensor has a lifetime that's defined in the app, preset at 1 year. Hello kickstarter early adopters!

I just changed mine, after some slightly delayed communication with DiveNav.

You could use the app to lie to the analyzer, telling it that you've just changed your sensor (recalibrating it too), and telling it that the "new" senso expires in, say, 1 month, so it'll continue to work during your trip.

Just sayin'...

I figured it was something like that. A countdown, reminder, etc would be great. I highly dislike it locking out with no warning. I knew it was getting close but planned on changing the sensor after the trip. Thanks for the info!

.... Multiple attempts to contact them through their website for the last couple weeks have gone unanswered.
Our support forum is HERE
We also have a support forum on SB.
Additionally you could reach us via email --> customer - dot - service - at - divenav - dot - com
I did not see any post from you on our support forums nor we have received any email from you.

Yes, the sensor has a lifetime that's defined in the app, preset at 1 year. ..
Lifetime of O2 sensors is like sex of Angels...... undefined :)
We recommend replacing the O2 sensor every year or so.

..... Hello kickstarter early adopters!...
As a reminder Kickstarter backers have a $20 discount on their first O2 sensor replacement.

Additionally you could reach us via email --> customer - dot - service - at - divenav - dot - com
I did not see any post from you on our support forums nor we have received any email from you.
I used the "contact us" on your website to send some questions on Cootwo calibration/sensor replacement the other day as well and have not heard back - do you check that portal? I'll resend as an e-mail, but would suggest losing the contact us page on your website if it is not monitored.

Can you offer some guidance about what mV cell output for "plain" air would indicate the cell needs replacement?

I used the "contact us" on your website to send some questions on Cootwo calibration/sensor replacement the other day as well and have not heard back - do you check that portal? I'll resend as an e-mail, but would suggest losing the contact us page on your website if it is not monitored.

You're not alone. I've been trying to report a NitroxBuddy bug (inability to connect to cootwo under Android 7.1) for nearly 2 weeks now, via multiple forums... their "contact us" page, support forum, Twitter, and Facebook. Haven't received so much as an autoreply, much less any sort of meaningful response. [I've also sent DiveNav a DM here, but that was just last night so I don't think it counts quite yet.]

I guess my next steps will be the email address posted above, plus the local DiveNav forum. Between the seven targets, hopefully I'll at least get an acknowledgment from one of them.

I'm in a similar situation as the OP, incidentally, with my O2 sensor having recently hit the 'chng snsr' threshold. Not sure if that will reset automatically when I change the beastie, or if the app is required in order to reset that status. Certainly hope it's not the latter...

Last edited:
You're not alone. I've been trying to report a NitroxBuddy bug (inability to connect to cootwo under Android 7.1) for nearly 2 weeks now, via multiple forums... their "contact us" page, support forum, Twitter, and Facebook. Haven't received so much as an autoreply, much less any sort of meaningful response. [I've also sent DiveNav a DM here, but was just last night so I don't think it counts quite yet.]

I guess my next steps will be the email address posted above, plus the local DiveNav forum. Between the seven targets, hopefully I'll at least get an acknowledgment from one of them.

I'm in a similar situation as the OP, incidentally, with my O2 sensor having recently hit the 'chng snsr' threshold. Not sure if that will reset automatically when I change the beastie, or if the app is required in order to reset that status. Certainly hope it's not the latter...
I emailed them at the address they provided last Friday and still no response (nor any from the prior use of "contact us" form on their site). I'm starting to get concerned that I made the wrong choice in buying a Cootwo if they are not going to support existing customer inquiries on their product in a timely manner...

I like the product, but not impressed with their responsiveness at present. A friend of mine is holding off on buying one based on what he is reading here.

I have also tried to get support on the forum but no answer, as well I opened a conversation with someone that answered a question on here I posted and have not heard anything. Is there a better method of contact. My issue is my CooToo will not link up with my android 6.0.1, shows "Bad". I do like the concept of the dual gas analyzer.

Back
Top Bottom