(Cool) Words I Learned On Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mongoose:
Unless it's of a rat. Those things just creep me out.

Hmm, isn't your little furry friend a rat terrier? You really DO hate rats.

Just had to bring up Warhammer, didn't we. I too made that mistake way back when I was new here... And I still see the image when I close my eyes. Its hilarious, but its effected me. No one around here will ever forget it, thats for sure!

I learned BWOD

Stroke is a term that appears to have originated with the Woodville Karst Plains Project diving history and has ties to the early history of GUE (www.gue.com) and the DIR - Doing It Right diving philosophy.

The general idea is a stroke is wanna be diver who was sucking up or stroking the ego of one of the legendary founders of that group of divers. It has come to also associate with a diver who has the wrong attitidue toward diving (or one who is in disagreement with the philisophy of DIR). Other moch definitions translates as a buddy who might get you killed because of having the "wrong" training or lack of training. As a result some just translate it as "stroke" as in a heart attack waiting to happen.

DiverBuoy:
The general idea is a stroke is wanna be diver who was sucking up or stroking the ego .........

ahhhhhh, i was kinda right but i wasnt thinking of the ego

while we having words explained - ive seen "IMOH" and also cant figure this one out - please tell

"IHMO" in my humble opinion.

little late

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom