Question Converting a gift to a travel BP/W for Warm water destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another thing I’ve read on SB was that 18lb would not give enough lift to get head completely out of water and in “frisky seas” this might be less than comfortable.

Absolutely correct.

I use a 30# wing with no wetsuit, an AL80, and 4 lbs of lead --- and a 30# wing is barely adequate.

I used to dive with a wonderful Deep Sea Supply 23# wing, and I am so glad that I now have 30#.

I only need the wing at two times: At the very start of the dive, and when I'm on the surface. During the middle and end of my dives, the BC is empty and I don't need it. So what I really want is something to keep my head out of the water on the surface, at the end of the dive.

I get rid of all eyelets grommets, extra layers of fabric lumps and bumps that contribute to any tank instability

050.JPG

On this 18 duffy wing I think, the entire centre panel has been removed and exchanged for a piece of webbing

For complete cleanliness of my stuff

The best of the best is this also alows the wing to expand laterally to get closer to claimed lift

088.JPG

The entire centre panel is gorn, as well as the screw heads on my MMO, Made My Own, stabilisers

59 013 (6).JPG

I cut the slots out of this weight pack sack, burnt the cordura with fire then ran two stitches around
when the sack was in two pieces

005a.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom