Consolidated cards to 1 wallet or agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tangentially related- back in the late 90's, I wrote to PADI asking if they would/could do a card that listed all the certifications earned through them, sort of like how a driver's license will list various permissions or limitations on one card. They declined, in part because they had just put in a new system for cards and didn't want to change anything. I still think it would be nice, though these days definitely not necessary.

Tangentially related- back in the late 90's, I wrote to PADI asking if they would/could do a card that listed all the certifications earned through them, sort of like how a driver's license will list various permissions or limitations on one card. They declined, in part because they had just put in a new system for cards and didn't want to change anything. I still think it would be nice, though these days definitely not necessary.
That would make a ton of sense -- why not list all from the same agency one card like a drivers license with endorsements. Especially makes no sense to me to have different PADI number on each certification, rather than 1 PADI number.

This makes a lot of sense and should be the way it is. But at the very least PADI should offer this as a "feature" to entice people to get Master Scuba Diver -- get the MSD cert and also get a "Master" card listing all certs to-date.

As to the OP's question, I actually use a somewhat old-school approach and have both my cards and my son's cards placed on a scanner at the same time (so they are all on a regular 8.5x11" page" and scan them, keep a copy on my phone, and email myself and my son to our gmail accounts so it can be accessed anywhere I can access the web. Usually I just email a copy of this to dive ops when booking our trip, so I don't worry about forgetting my Nitrox card, etc.

That would make a ton of sense -- why not list all from the same agency one card like a drivers license with endorsements. Especially makes no sense to me to have different PADI number on each certification, rather than 1 PADI number.
Wow, really? My PADI cert is pretty old, so I don’t expect much in the way of advanced features. I checked a while back to see if they had a record of me, and was actually surprised they did.

My more recent certs, however, are with SSI. SSI has a diver identifier, not per cert. Also, each card (recent ones anyway) has a barcode on it. The barcode can be scanned by a smartphone. That brings up a website where the user is asked to enter the birthdate of the diver. Doing that will bring up a page with all SSI certs, so it essentially functions as one card for all certs.

Back
Top Bottom