Consolidated cards to 1 wallet or agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was hoping to get my certs all in my Apple wallet, but I can’t figure it out. If anyone knows that would be great. Other idea is if a agency will consolidate them all, I have padi, SSI, SDI. Appreciate any help. Trying to get them all in place digitally besides a photo album.
Thank you

I think stuff can only be added to Apple Wallet if the agency has an app and done the programming to allow the card to be added.

I think stuff can only be added to Apple Wallet if the agency has an app and done the programming to allow the card to be added.
Yes I think you are correct

There are lots of apps that allow you to collect a series of photos all in one file. I have pictures of all my cards in an Evernote as a backup.

That too. I should add that I'm not specifically endorsing Evernote; I started using it when it was trying to hook people by offering everything for free; now they've started charging for most of the features. I have so much content on there I don't want to deal with moving, but I wouldn't join now. My point was just that you don't need a card wallet app, just a place to keep pictures of your cards handy.

Why do you need a separate app? Just do a separate album in photo app for cards.
Exactly....... plus your photo's are all backed up into the I- Cloud anyway so if you lose your phone......the certs will all still be accessible.... I also use Dropbox so whatever I place in my documents folder in DB gets automatically synced to all devices plus backed up to the cloud..

I've only been asked for two cards, Advanced and Nitrox. I don't carry any others..

I use DiveLog 6.0 as my dive log, and keep photos of all of my cards there.

The originals of the photos are all kept in a folder in my NAS unit (I try to avoid public cloud services like iCloud in favour of my own network storage).

I keep them as part of my electronic log as I am occasionally asked for proof of cold water experience for Great Lakes walk-on dive boats. Advanced and Nitrox are all I am usually asked for. Proof of cold water experience is usually satisfied with log entries, but my ice card is there as well if needed.

There may actually be a way to do this. It requires a separate app, but essentially, you can create your own passes in this app (Pass2u wallet) and from there push them into Apple Wallet. I haven't tried it myself yet, but will give it a shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom