Consideration for first set of doubles regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve put THOUSANDS of regs on. Seen thousands. Never. Once. Ever. Heard of anyone cross threading a DIN.
A DIN reg can totally be cross-threaded. Of course when you initially start to cross-thread it, it doesn't want to go on. So maybe a drunk gorilla could do it...but yeah, never seen it happen in real life!

Deep Sex regulators are not the only ones you can rebuild. You can rebuild just about any regulator with information freely available on SB.
Correct. It's just that Deep6 makes service kits and training readily available to anyone not affiliated with a dive shop.

Correct. It's just that Deep6 makes service kits and training readily available to anyone not affiliated with a dive shop.
As does HOG. I'm a Deep Six and HOG reg instructor.

Yea man. I’ve never seen it.

Hot take: no one has.
You haven’t seen it because 99% of rented gear is yoke, and because some clown hasn’t put it on right all of a sudden the yoke valve is useless, if din got the same abuse as yoke it would be the din that was useless.

You haven’t seen it because 99% of rented gear is yoke, and because some clown hasn’t put it on right all of a sudden the yoke valve is useless, if din got the same abuse as yoke it would be the din that was useless.
The “invisible teapot” of scuba diving. Well done.

I stopped feeding the troll. I've learned everything that I need to know. DIN regulators are obviously just another fad in diving and yokes cannot be dislodged.

A commercial diver told me so it must be true..

I stopped feeding the troll. I've learned everything that I need to know. DIN regulators are obviously just another fad in diving and yokes cannot be dislodged.

A commercial diver told me so it must be true..
That old lame one, you fail in your argument so you have a go at the person, gobshite.

Am I the only one wondering how he did AN/DP without a lot of this gear?

He could have traveled and ended up renting/borrowing. Although I can’t imagine not having my own regs at least.

I took AN/DP in Florida, a sort of tech BnB arrangement. Used the instructor's kit (not rentals from an LDS), which happened to be on the Tek 3's for whatever that's worth. The instruction I received was my first time ever using doubles, a backplate, etc. So I felt OK using that opportunity to get a feel for things before buying a lot of stuff I didn't have any real experience with.

Training + all the tech gear that I didn't yet have (perdix, bp/w, twinset, stage, stage regs, doubles regulators, reel, etc.) is unsurprisingly coming to several grand. So buying the training first allowed me to do actual technical diving sooner than waiting to buy all the kit, then training. Not that I would have brought much of that with me traveling to FL anyway.

I've got a reputable dive coach lined up so I'll be working with someone knowledgeable to tech diving in New England waters before tackling the Doria.

As I sit here I'm actually waiting on UPS to deliver my Perdix - should be here within the next . . . 57 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom