Consideration for first set of doubles regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several grand? Haha. Major understatement. 🤣😂

You’re lucky your instructor loaned you gear. Some instructors require you to have your own stuff.

Several grand? Haha. Major understatement. 🤣😂

You’re lucky your instructor loaned you gear. Some instructors require you to have your own stuff.
For sure, that was part of the package.

Let's see here,

Training - 3K
BP/W + reel + O2 stage regulators - 850 (got a deal)
Perdix - 1K
Manifolded twinset - 1.5K ish
Stage Bottle - 250

Some other odds n ends gets me to around 7K or something so far I think.

Did you already have a drysuit?

Did you already have a drysuit?
Indeed. Although I was in a 5mm for training (Key Largo). But even then it was interesting seeing a couple drysuit divers on the boat diving The Spiegel Grove. In my 5mm I found myself shivering during deco, so time to upgrade to either a 7mm or you know, just a better 5mm for warmer stuff.

Let's see here,

Training - 3K
Perdix - 1K
Stage Bottle - 250

Look for used twinsets. Steel tanks have long lifetimes. All mine I bought used.

These are a copy of the old Scubapro M25s.
Those are not a copy of MK25s. The only reason you're saying that is it kinda looks like a mk25 body. Those are cheap taiwanese regs that are a rip off of a million different regs and are rebranded under dgx's name. If I were going to say what they're most like, it would be the cheap HOG pistons from about 8 years ago.

Does Hog makes their regulators in Taiwan? This one doesn't look anywhere near DGXs brand. Some good dive gear comes out of Taiwan in case you hadn't noticed.

Those are not a copy of MK25s. The only reason you're saying that is it kinda looks like a mk25 body. Those are cheap taiwanese regs that are a rip off of a million different regs and are rebranded under dgx's name. If I were going to say what they're most like, it would be the cheap HOG pistons from about 8 years ago.
The DGX regs are cosmetically similar to the old HOG BP1 & BP2 as far as a rotating turret and being piston regs but that's it.
They are not made by the same OEM in Taiwan and are not the same internally.
I am a HOG reg tech instructor and I wrote the service manuals for all the DGX brand regs.

Let's see here,

Training - 3K
Perdix - 1K
Stage Bottle - 250

How in the hell did you spend $1500 on a twinset?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom