Conshelf/Titan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone still service the conshelf in southern calif?

Any Aqualung dealer or any good reg tech who can get the parts. They use the same parts as the Titan so anyone who tells you parts are not available leave quickly and find a reputable repair shop.

I just started diving and got a good deal on a TUSA RS340 which is my primary reg. I wanted to start with a new reg so a faulty used regulator would not kill me too quickly. I wanted to get a backup reg so I found a Conshelf SES Supreme (environmentally sealed with silicone oil) on Craigslist. I also wanted to learn to service regs. I then bought a USD Prodiver cheap which I thought was a Titan since they both had the wedge shape. I bought a couple of Conshelf first stage service kits and a Titan dry environmental seal kit on ebay. The Prodiver seemed to be the most worn so I rebuilt it first. The hp seat and diaphragm was identical to the kit parts so I replaced these. I got the old diaphragm out with a puff of air from a garage compressor. The o-rings seemed in good shape so I did not replace them. I installed the dry seal kit but the main diaphragm leaked. The mainspring body on the seal kit was not long enough to squeeze the diaphragm so I put the standard mainspring body back on. I next bought a used DIN Mares MR12. Little did I know that the Conshelf parts would also fit this. So I will need less different parts. I next bought a DIN Conshelf XIV with two Micra 2nd stages but have not had a chance to open it up yet. The dry seal kit should fit on this or maybe the MR12. While adjusting the 2nd stages, I realized the 2nd stage seats have a fresh side on the back and can just be turned around to be good as new. I plan to use the MR12 on a pony bottle with a button SPG and a Micra 2nd stage, making a small, light alternate air source.

Back
Top Bottom