Conshelf 2nd Stage Exhaust Tees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Creed

Contributor
Reaction score
I have, so far, split 100% of the exhaust tees on the Conshelf 2nd stages I dismantled. I tried the tactic recommended in the manual(soak it in 200 degree water), but it didn't make much of a difference. I assume that the plastic has just lost its elasticity over time. Or perhaps I didn't soak it for long enough. Does anyone have any other recommendations on this?

The best way to prevent breaking them is to not remove them at all, so I don't. You can still replace the exhaust valve with the tee installed, so I see no point in removing them. As for cleaning, I just throw them in the ultrasound with the tee attached.

Hello Creed,

Da "Aqua Master" is correct. I have taken them off with hot water but it is better to leave them on. Regards

Alan

DA Aquamaster:
The best way to prevent breaking them is to not remove them at all, so I don't. You can still replace the exhaust valve with the tee installed, so I see no point in removing them. As for cleaning, I just throw them in the ultrasound with the tee attached.
I guess I was too gungho about cleaning the reg. One of the 2nds I worked on had some crud built up under the exhaust valve, so I took off the tee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom