Conshelf 21 vs Scubapro Mk10 for used rig??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbnole

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a reliable, economical used regulator that I can easily find parts for and get serviced. After doing some reading here (thanks SB!) it looks like the Conshelf and Mk10 series would both be good choices. I am not real picky, I just want it to be safe, reliable and easy to get serviced. Anyway, your opinions on how I might go would be very much appreciated.

Lastly, how much should I expect my LDS to charge for regular servicing?

I own two Conshelf SE3 regulators that I like very much. Servicing costs me about $100 for each. Every time I think about replacing them (probably with either another Aqualung product or Zeagle Envoy Deluxe), I can't find adequate reasons. But then, I rode the same bicycle for 25 years before replacing it this past spring.

I have used Scubapro regulators several times and have nothing negative to say about the equipment.

Another vote for the Conshelf 21, been diving one for years; runs a little over $100 for service.
Since a lot of the newer Aqualung regs use the same guts, part should be available for a long time.

I have both Conshelf XIV, 21 and a G250/Mk10. You really can't go wrong with either. I would lean towards the Scubapro for performance, and the Conshelf for a reliable, economical used regulator. It's a toss up for me anyway...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom