Conshelf 21 or Cressi MC5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dblakec

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought several scuba items from a guy exiting the sport. Among the goods I received was a US Divers Conshelf 21 and an almost new Cressi MC5 Ellipse Black. I am planning to keep one as a back-up regulator and sell the other; however, I'm a bit on the fence as to which regulator to part with. I'm leaning toward keeping the Conshelf. Would appreciate any opinions offered.

I bought several scuba items from a guy exiting the sport. Among the goods I received was a US Divers Conshelf 21 and an almost new Cressi MC5 Ellipse Black. I am planning to keep one as a back-up regulator and sell the other; however, I'm a bit on the fence as to which regulator to part with. I'm leaning toward keeping the Conshelf. Would appreciate any opinions offered.

I have a soft spot for the enduring nature and reliability of a Conshelf... So clearly you need to sell it.

I've dove the mc5 once as rental gear. No issues, the first stage looks solid and rather familiar. Second felt a little fragile (likely perception only). I haven't serviced one.

Cheers,
Cameron

I'd keep the conshelf, easy to get parts for and service, reliable, stable and the first stage anyway, is bomb proof, literally. If the hose routing suits it'll be hard to find much better all things considered.

I would keep the Conshelf as well, AL/USD dealers are easier to find world wide and parts are easy to find.
Just noticed you are in Cary, I'm in Apex, you a Down Under club member??

The sage advice received has pushed me over the fence. I will be keeping the Conshelf and getting it ready for a few dives. I am in Cary NC and aware of Down Under, just haven't had taken the time to join and check out some of the events.

You should, it's an active group with 150+ members. Our last meeting had around 60 there. The meetings are the second tues of each month. We meet at Dave and Busters in Cary (in the mall) at 6:30. All are welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom